Quantcast

Now that's what I call a table saw!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Unlucky Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
It's probably a good job that I'm in another country or I would be tempted, I have the space for it and 3 phase. There's still 2 days left though so I imagine the bids will go a good deal higher than the £410 it's at now.

No photos or feedback though and no paypal or credit card payments. I'd definitely want to view beforehand.

--------------
Simon

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep I would want to see it run and cut timber, but if its built anything like my AGS it will go on for years.

Scrit

Established Member
Reaction score
Fundamentally then BGP is a BGS with a much larger table, but they in turn are very similar to the AGS - the "B" variants were the onres with sliding tables. These models were replaced by the AGSP, SP12/CP12, CP25 and CP32 in the late 70s/early 80s (I bought an early AGSP in 1984) and if you find one like this it will be 20+ to 45+ years old (they appeared in the 1950s). From experience I can tell you that panel saws lead a very hard life and I've never seen a second-hand BGP yet which wasn't on its last legs :( . Over the last few years I've seen them run as low as £250 (plus VAT) at auction - dealers simply don't want them, especially as so few were made with scorers - which is what would really make them saleable. Personally I wouldn't want to pay more than £500 for one - better to save-up and buy an Altendorf like this: http://www.mueller-minden.de/maschinen2/artikelbilder/vorschau/387_001_p1010006.jpg

Scrit

Latest posts