• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NOW SOLD 240v Fobco star pillar drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Decided to have a workshop clear out to make space. This drill only gets used every now and then so think I'll let it go.

I rebuilt it a few years ago including changing all the bearings, stripped it down completely and had the main body powder coated. Had the motor checked over, built the mobile base on lockable heavy duty casters. Made the table with adjustable fence and removable inserts. Fitted a new drive belt, new lead and plug and it has an NVR switch.
They're going as wrecks on eBay for £300 so the price below seems reasonable

For sale for £400 for everything

Collection only obviously from Shepperton Middlesex.

26520af0a49eb87690861676691c291f.jpg
199877d52884682b0065ae0bc02e8edb.jpg
a15fbc64f61fd935246c4b237b1d5a08.jpg
741506e2b8fbdecfe873be5f681736d8.jpg
8912ab618f427854b9391789de5a87ce.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

If there's any way of getting this to Lancashire then I'd be interested, only reason I've passed on this is the distance.

LancsRick":35gi4lfx said:
If there's any way of getting this to Lancashire then I'd be interested, only reason I've passed on this is the distance.
I think it would cost too much to courier it at a guess. It's very heavy

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

I bought a meddings it was £60 for the pallet delivery (you'd need to ratchet straps it down to a pallet though)

Never did get around to selling this. Open to sensible offers to get it out of my way.

Can you tell me the height of the drill, and the height of the top of the cabinet. And what is the spindle travel? Does it have a depth stop or depth indicator fitted?

Thanks.

Hi Lee I'm suffering with a slipped disc at the moment so can't get to the workshop. I'm 6ft though and I'd say the top of the drill is my eye level and the base I made must be around belt height. You'd have to look online for the throat height. When I got the drill it didn't have a depth gauge and I was going to make one but never got around to it. I've personally never needed one.

If there's anyway of getting it to mine via courier I'd be interested very interested

Sorry I'm out of action with slipped discs so no way I can move it. Collection only

chippy1970":gu56omnc said:
Reduced to £375

Hi,

If this item is still for sale can you private message me? unfortunately as a new member I cannot private message you directly.

thanks
Brian

Brian H":6zhv4zq8 said:
chippy1970":6zhv4zq8 said:
Reduced to £375

Hi,

If this item is still for sale can you private message me? unfortunately as a new member I cannot private message you directly.

thanks
Brian

A couple more posts and you can use the pm system.

chippy1970":1hrpn9df said:
Hi Brian sending pm now

Hi Chippy,

I did receive the PM this afternoon but as Marcos notes until I have posted a few more times I am unable to use the messaging system, even to respond... I am very interested and happy to put a deposit down via bank transfer once we can exchange msgs, so hang fast while I post a few responses tonight on the boards to enable the message system on my profile.

I would share my email detail but I don't like to do that on an open forum that can be scrapped by spammers...

Thanks
Brian

Drill now sold collected today by Brian.

Nice meeting you this morning hope you enjoy using your new old drill

Back