Nova G3 46-461

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaryClaus

Reaction score
A friend of mine in the States has a new Nova G3 chuck which he is sending me.

Apparently it is a 1" x 8 TPI.

I have been looking on line for an insert to convert it to 3/4 x 16 TPI and can only find direct threaded chucks.

Is it possible to buy just the insert or are these chucks only available with a direct thread?

Or you could contact The Toolpost ,or Stiles and Bates or Record Power or Aximinster or Poolwood or A.S.K. tools
orr rrrrrr. :roll: :lol:

Most of the G3's sold in the US use an insert. The main exception being the G3-D which is direct threaded for 1X8 and manufactured by Nova for Delta.
If you receive the chuck and it has an insert I would remove it and purchase the correct insert (Nova carries almost any size or your local store may). Adding a new inset/adapter inside an existing one may well call excessive run-out.
The Nova insert seats on the interior of the chuck body, not the exterior so try to get a real Nova insert if possible.
Here is a link to show the inserts, not sure who Nova's reps are there.
http://novatoolsusa.com/NOVA-Chuck-Insert-Adaptor-I.htm
They do show the 3/4X16 in their drop down list.
Mike

Thanks for the comments and the linky.

I will indeed check the insert when it arrives.

I have been trawling the net and most items seem to be cheaper in the states sometimes by as much as 50%.

Its a shame that we get charged tax and handling.

As I work in Afghanistan its easy for me to have things sent there via APO and carry them home :D Will be putting in a craft supplies order soon methinks lol!

Latest posts

Back