Nova 1624-44 A Big Disapointment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats the money spinning earner idea though ? - that the most important part of this thread !

loz":3gvaxul6 said:
Whats the money spinning earner idea though ? - that the most important part of this thread !
Seem to remember a post a short while back that was not for viewing on works computers :?: let's hope it dosn't lead to a splinter group. :lol:

CHJ":3gtqvawk said:
loz":3gtqvawk said:
Seem to remember a post a short while back that was not for viewing on works computers :?: let's hope it dosn't lead to a splinter group. :lol:

Can't imagine why vibration was an issue now !

I must say that this thread has turned out to be the best endorsment of Records customer service dept. I wonder, in recognition of this that they should send him a nice tie to wear, maybe adorned with an anchor overlaid with a large W

diamature":35mjfqy3 said:
I must say that this thread has turned out to be the best endorsment of Records customer service dept. I wonder, in recognition of this that they should send him a nice tie to wear, maybe adorned with an anchor overlaid with a large W

How about a bobble hat like this :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/W-ANCHOR-Ideal-gi ... 286.c0.m14

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

lol - but seriously - lets not go too far. The personal attacks best left to the members of the gmc forum.

lurker":1i6ntp34 said:
big soft moose":1i6ntp34 said:
lurker":1i6ntp34 said:
Now now Wizer [-X

No one says rude things to you when they think you are being a silly sod :lol:

yes we do - who was it who told him he was a "cantankerous slap headed back whinger" ? :D and that was one of the nicer things thats been said ;)

BSM, I thought all my posts on this particular thread were so loaded with irony you could hear it rattling & clanking down there in the deep south.

indeed and mine was in the same spirit - we all know its cool to call tom names really ;)

yes yes but it's all in good humour, we all love Tom really :roll: :^o

I always prefer 'Follically Challenged' :wink:

The Origianl mannie was doing well with the sympathies.. but the post about complaining about getting charged to go into the show kind of 'upset the applecart' a bit... if you're still here and reading, that was a tad 'ill-considered' in hindsight :wink: ...

However... it is all "fluid under viaducts" now... I hope you stay with us here, and keep contributing... and 'personal jibes' are exactly that... just a bit of fun, and all adds to making things 'personable and human', which is a very good thing, when all's said and done. :wink: :D

:D :D

IT's a bit bad when you have to explain your own jokes Jim :roll:

Well - I too have been struck am afraid. :evil:

Bought a new 1624 nova last month and was having minor issues with vibration and noise etc which I thought all sorted themselves out with the usual adjustments , but no .
More problems - had to send the headstock off to record .
They are changing the drive bearings and have also found that the drive pulley is not installed well, also to be changed.
The lathe itself is otherwise good value - or so I thought -time will tell.
Moreover cannot turn this weekend - gutted.

On a brighter note - record customer service has been very good so far
Will keep you guys posted

Should have saved up for a DVR , maybe stretch to a wivamac - dunno now
:cry:

loz":3vi0hgg0 said:
lol - but seriously - lets not go too far. The personal attacks best left to the members of the gmc forum.

Steady on Loz, Don't tar all members of the GMC forum with the same brush. There are only one or two idiots, well one actually. :roll:

As for the Nova and Record Power customer service. I have a Nova 3000 made before Record Power took over distribution. I was having trouble with a bit of vibration and contacted RP. They asked me to send them the headstock for examination which I did. They replaced the bearings (at my cost - which was reasonable for a five or six year old machine) but the motor was damaged in transit, so they also replaced that, free of charge with the new 1.5 HP motor from the 1624-44. The damage was not their fault and could arguably have been down to my packing but they replaced the motor FOC anyway. On return the lathe was fine but I was still having some vibration problems with my old Nova chuck (also pre Record Power) Alan from RP then sent me (also FOC) a new insert for the chuck which has solved the problem there too. This despite the chuck being five years old and not purchased through RP in the first place. I have nothing but praise for the customer service at RP. I am not so sure about the quality control on the newer lathes however.

Just my experience for what its worth.

I've mixed views about Record. Bought a C26 a year or so ago and upon opening the undamaged packing found the sliding table had a gouge in it that looked as though someone had dug an ice pick into it.
Called Record and sent a few pics, no problem, a new table was ordered and delivered within a month or two.

Then bought the 350 bandsaw and found I was unable to align the slot in the table with the blade, either by adjusting the trunnion to the base or the table to the trunion. This was also causing problems aligning the lower blade guides. Also the brake on the motor wails like a banshee for about six or seven seconds when stopping the m/c, worse than that chalk screech on the old blackboard

Contacted Record and the best advice I was given was "Bring the saw to a show so our staff can look at it. Missed both of Yandles this year so maybe next I'll be able to hump it up there. :roll:

"twiddling thumbs"

BTW - like your pens "brittleheart", particularly the dark timber one from new zealand, the cambridge is very good too 8)

Harlequin":36lcti0i said:
"twiddling thumbs"

BTW - like your pens "brittleheart", particularly the dark timber one from new zealand, the cambridge is very good too 8)

Thanks Harlequin. Swamp totara makes great pens but it soaks up a lot of finish. Bit like bog oak and bog yew.

Back