Quantcast

notification problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

sunnybob

software developers nemesis
Reaction score
I no longer receive emails about replies to threads, and my PM box isnt working either.
I have checked through my control panel, I havent altered anything and all the correct boxes are ticked.
Can it be sorted please?

sunnybob

Reaction score
Anybody out there?
there are now a half dozen threads I am involved in but am not getting any notifications at all, even the PM system isnt working?

Steve Maskery

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem - sometimes.

Separately, I get notifications telling me that there has been a reply by Steve Maskery, when it is actually somebody quoting me.

sunnybob

Reaction score
I often get the "self notification" but this is different. I am having to scan the entire new postings board for every thread that I contributed to because I didnt even get a notification of your reply.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Could you try logging out of UKW, then clearing the cache and cookies related to UKW and then logging back in. See if that helps.

edit: Gerry beat me to it.

sunnybob

Reaction score
Done that, can someone reply so I can see if it worked?

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it would effect notifications but sunnybob account was set to Summer time (which starts 29March).

sunnybob

Reaction score
It worked one time from nev at 8.26 (where is this sites clock based?)

Thanks.
I havent changed any settings in the last 5 years, clearing the cookies did it.
Remember I am 2 hours ahead of GMT.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
sunnybob":1slnarpj said:
Remember I am 2 hours ahead of GMT.
Your profile preferences are set to GMT+2, but you also had summer time selected.
If you don't ever change that setting, for at least approx. half the year your posts will carry an incorrect time stamp.
sb.jpg

You need to change it to Summer time on the 29th.

Attachments

sunnybob

Reaction score
Chas, today is the first time I have ever looked at a time stamp on a notification email. :roll: It will almost certainly be the last time I look as well. :lol:
I'm too old to learn new stuff (hammer) (hammer) 8)

sunnybob

Reaction score
I've lost the notifications again. Its barely a week since I cleared the cookies. I dont have a problem on any other site, Can you check for me please?

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
sunnybob":2kczf4ey said:
I've lost the notifications again. Its barely a week since I cleared the cookies. I dont have a problem on any other site, Can you check for me please?
Apart from checking your settings there is nothing we can do Bob.

If nobody was getting notifications it would likely be UKW end, but as far as we are aware its only you at this moment which points to an issue on your end.

Cookies etc are all at your end. They can be blocked or rejected by the settings on your browser and /or any ad-blockers or anti tracking or privacy software, sometimes built into the browser. This can also be automatically changed during any updates.

Try clearing the cache and cookies etc.
If you access UKW via a shortcut, delete that shortcut and remake it after clearing cookies etc.
Check and temporarily disable any adblockers or privacy essentials add ons etc. (duckduckgo PE for example messes everything up)

Please tell us what operating system and browser you are using so someone with the same can confirm yes or no their end.

sunnybob

Reaction score
Nev, I didnt get your reply notification, I am looking up threads on my control panel subscription page.
My system hasnt changed in a dozen years. I know its old, but vista is still working for my very limited internet browsing (my entire shortcuts are 3 woodworking forums and utube).
Windows defender is running, and I have adaware ad blocker, but that also has been in place for many years.

Clearing cookies did work, but if I have to do that every week its going to be a serious pain.

I will try clearing again now.

sunnybob

Reaction score
OK, all cleared. please reply to me to see if it worked.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
What email client are you using? are any filters set in that objecting to the layout of the UKW automated message format.

I have to set several sites auto. mails on a "White List" if I want to stop them being shunted into a spam or suspect folder by either my mail server or my email client..

sunnybob

Reaction score
Still no notifications.
I'm using ordinary hotmail.
still getting notifications from 2 other forums I am contributing to, which is why I think its this site rather than a spam filter at my end.
There is nothing showing in spam or junk or inbox.
yes, I do get spam.