software developers nemesis
Reaction score
Just what it says on the tin.
yesterday I got some, today I do not.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Hotmail? - Hotmail email accounts.

With the new software, you have the extra option of enabling Push Notifications instead - assuming you're not still on your old Vista laptop - you could try it and tell us what the future feels like!

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on a Mac. I enabled Push. Still don't get any notification emails like we used to.
Well, no, they won't be emails. They'll be something else. But how they show up on a mac is a mystery to me. On a phone they drift in at the top of the screen and (optionally) make a noise to annoy anyone within 20 feet.

sunnybob

Reaction score
Very strange. I have just had 4 notification emails for other threads, but none for this one.

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
If you allow push notifications then you will get a little pop up window at the bottom right of your screen any time a thread you are involved in is updated. It is the same info that appears in the little drop down box when you click the little bell on the top right

sunnybob

Reaction score
I've disabled all PUSH boxes. Theres more than enough interruptions on my screen.
I always got an email telling me there was a reply to a post I was involved in. I'm getting more, but not all of them.
Still, early days.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Can you please click on that and see what settings you have for emails? That may be what makes them start flowing again. And have you watched the threads you had a subscribed too or favorites in the old software? You will need to watch those you had saved.

sunnybob

Reaction score
I live a simple life.
I went to unread messages and browsed. when i posted to a thread or started one i got an email notification for every addition.
I'm mostly back to where I want to be now, thanks.

sunnybob

Reaction score
Spoke too soon. Went back to whats new and all the posts are screwed up in the left side of the screen?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Are you meaning they are just threads/posts without the forum listed?

sunnybob

Reaction score
Angie, its back to normal now, must have been a computer glitch but all the posts were in the 2" down the left side of the screen with the rest of the screen empty.
Its an adventure, isnt it?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Oh, @sunnybob it is being a real adventure. I am really glad things are back as they should be for you.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, no, they won't be emails. They'll be something else. But how they show up on a mac is a mystery to me. On a phone they drift in at the top of the screen and (optionally) make a noise to annoy anyone within 20 feet.
Oh I don't like that. Don't like that at all. I don't want things popping up on my screen whenever. I want to go to my filtered UKW sub-mailbox that tells me that there has been a new post. Otherwise forget it. I haven't got time to remember which threads I have been posting in.