Not much choice in 315mm diameter blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that there is not a great deal of choice when it comes to 315mm table saw blades. Has anyone ever fitted a smaller blade to a saw designed to take 315mm?

I realise that it'll upset the spec'd distance from blade to knife and also reduce the depth of cut. However, is there anything else to beware of??

Cheers

Hi Matt
I think you've got the idea, but it will also reduce the cutting speed but nothing significant if you only reduce it to 300 m/m. This is because the circumference is a bit less and so therefore the the teeth will be moving a little slower. But like I said nothing significant IMHO.
All the best
John
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can get a wide range of 315's from Felder, at Milton Keynes. Also available mail order. It's worth looking at both Felder and Hammer catalogues.

Wealden do 315mm versions of almost all their saw blades, probably a lot less expensive than Felder :)

Jason

Matt,
I mostly use a 250mm blade in my Scheppach TS 4010 rather than the 315 mm blade it can take. I use the bigger blade when I need to for thick timber but prefer the smaller blade for general use. There is no problem whatever. The rim speed is lower on the smaller blade but it cuts fine.

Back