Not more MDF!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just finished these two jobs in MDF, :roll: Oh well, I did enjoy the Oak while it lasted. :lol: First one is a small cabinet to cover a consumer unit, built in MDF and Pine and the second project is another rather large radiator cabinet.
DSCN2958.jpg

DSCN2957.jpg

My next job is another MDF unit too. :yawn:

Nice work, Looking sharp and clean.

Its a shame customers are selfish and don't want to pay over the odds so you can enjoy working with expensive materials :lol:

I got the rad cover fitted today.
DSCN2960.jpg

Customer was very pleased with it and has now asked for a small fence and gate with more work to come. :D

Saxwood":2oingffd said:
Very smart, imagine what it would weigh in oak :p

and imagine after 2 winters of being on full for 8 hours a day with wet socks hanging over it, what shape the oak one would be? :D

Alan it must have taken a very long time to cut out all those 'fleur de lis' on the panels! :lol:

On a more serious note is it ok to join MDF with biscuits? I am thinking of using 12mm or 18mm to form a frame for a toy box with two panels on the front, or would it be better to use dowels?

Stew

But just think of those majestic old Oaks that weren't cut down to cover someones consumer unit & radiator. :lol:

Andy

Back