Not many hand tools!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I wonder what his electricity bill is like. Even in USA?

It's a shame there were no pictures of any of his pieces, but it seems rather a shame that he has spent 60 years woodworking as a hobby and devoted it almost entirely to electrical power and not handtoolery. Each to their own.

Adam

Even Norm might find that lot ridiculous... :norm:

I wonder if he worked in an airport at some stage in his life...he's got most of a baggage handling system there!

Great quote from that site:

"People keep telling me that two men in white coats are going to come and take me away. But I tell them that, if they're men, they'll come to get me in the workshop and after 5 minutes, they'll forget what they came for!"

I find it slightly revolting, don't know why, I just guess it is total gross excess

:shock: it's certianly a very impressive workshop but how does he get anything done in there? Half his 30 to 40 hours a week must be spent moving things around!

Holy God,

Its like walking through a dream shop (retail) found in a side alley of a small town where you least expected it to be and its potentially full of bargins and/or surprises. Christmas basically...

Until you realise its a work shop. I'm twitching at the thought of having to work in such a space. I think 80% of the contents would have to go to get anything done there. About 10 battery drills, at least three bandsaws, god only knows how many planer/thicknessers/sanders and no evidence of anything being made...

However, one must acknowledge that this is a hobby and I'm sure the man is happy. And is that not the point after all.

Really.

And truly..

Hmmm....

???

Eoin

His heirs are going have their work cut out for them when (& it's not if) he drops dead! Just think of the sheer amount of money tied up in that kit! Frightening!

Yeah, and a pound to a penny none of his off-spring are even remotely interested in any sort of woodwork. They probably don't even know which end of a chisel to hold - I've noticed the universe seems to work like this. The tools will probably end up being sold on for a fraction of what they are worth just to get rid of them.

Did anyone count the number of routers he had. I got at least 8 but maybe 12.

Ah fair play to him. It took 60 years to fill that space and he is happy with it.

Good on him.

You're right about the need to educate some family about relative worths though.

Has anyone been to Toolite in the Forest of Dean, could be a clone:

Only a general sense of organisation, every inch packed with tools but talk to the old guy at the counter and he will walk directly to the exact item!!!!!!

What a place! :lol:

S

Doctor":21s1ixf6 said:
he is a hoarder, as a result he has no room for decent machinery.

Hey Doc, you make it sound 'evil' to be a hoarder!

Mind you you are correct; he could make better use of his space, if he didn't have so much duplication of machinery.

John :)

:shock:

"The only difference between a Man and a Child is the price of their toys"....

English proverb, I think......

and also the number, I suppose........

antonello":1hq8f2kh said:
:shock:

"The only difference between a Man and a Child is the price of their toys"....

English proverb, I think......

and also the number, I suppose........

Nahhh Antonello... It's too profound to be English...
Besides, I was a wartime 'baby' so I never had any toys 'til I grew up!

(BTW Sardinia is the only Country in the Mediterranean I haven't been to. I always regretted that. )

:lol:

Back