Not long and pointy ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldflyer2

Established Member
Reaction score
I got tired of long pointy things and decided to do a hollow form for a change. I would like to say it was made from a very expensive chunk of burly stuff and was 12 or 14 in in dia,

shop018.jpg

but I can't. It is made of a pine knot that I found on the floor of a lumber shop and it is 3/4" by 3/4 in.

shop022.jpg

Tom

Another amazing piece of turning - if it wasn't for the second picture,you could have convinced me it was large and expensive :wink:

Andrew

He is still the king. The miniature lace bobbin he turned for me last fall is amazing! If I hadn't have watched him do it I wouldn't have believed it.

I am now up to ten tries at those little pippers (oops) and no joy yet.

Tom

Funny, I get told that a lot too!

I do enjoy making the small stuff. Whenever I get bored with larger items I do a few of these. I find it an excellant way to practice tool control.

Tom

Congratulation.
Your vase is superb!
And as you are able to turn little jewels, there is absolutely no problems for you to turn big things, it is sooooo much easier :wink:

I actually have more fun and get more enjoyment out of the little guys. I do big stuff as well, especially segmented bowls but I don't like them as much.

Your site is wonderful. Very nice to see the ladies and children involved. The look of concentration and happiness on the one little girls face is priceless.

Tom

Back