Not Lanemaux

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanemaux

In Memorium
Reaction score
I'm sorry for the confusing title for the post but I honestly couldn't think of anything better at this moment. This is lanemaux's son typing this out now as I have some unpleasant news in regard's to my father's health. For context for those who may not know, but my father has been fighting stage four cancer for many years now and was doing remarkably well all things considered. Just within the last several months however he suffered a major decline in his ability to move himself so he became chair bound for a few months before things kept getting worse. about two months ago now he was having major issues eating, and even breathing so we rushed him to the hospital where he stayed up to three weeks ago. From then to now he has been slowly falling apart faster and faster each day, this morning was his breaking point and he insisted that it was time. As I type this he is being setup in the hospital getting everything in order, my mother went with and I'm not even sure I will be allowed to see my father off at the hospital because of the c-19 issues going around, even though it's going to be a non-issue for my father.

I wanted to let you know, his friends at the uk workshop forum, what was going on. He would frequently speak of the people he spoke with on the forum. Amazing artists, dedicated archivists, and even friends who are or were going through equally tough periods in their life. I'd just like to thank you all for being his friends, bitter word rivals or even if you just knew of him. Thank you.

Very sorry to hear that.
I had a chat with lanemaux years ago having worked out that the name was a play on "les animaux" - very witty!
Makes you realise that this forum is actually a fascinating diary of an almost randomly selected group (just woodwork!), over quite a long period.
We are an historical document!
Best wishes to lanemaux and family.

I remember Lanemaux's posts -great guy.

Thank you for posting and letting us know -even though Im sure this site is low on your priority list at the moment.

this pandemic is a horrible time to go through end of life with a close relative, Im sorry to hear of your troubles.

My Father in law is currently in a care home with lewy body dementia and my father died last year -in May, so I know how awful it is during this period.

Thank you all for replying, with the c-19 business as it is right now in canada, it seems like it may take a few days before we can proceed due to supplies needed to be brought in. So for now he's stuck in the hospital and very unhappy. My hopes when making this post was to sorta vent and to also bring my father some closure and maybe even some happiness in his last few hours when I'm allowed to enter. Again, thanks for replying and I'll be letting my father know he'll be missed on the forum and your words of support.

I am truly sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you all.

If I'm too late then I am very sorry to hear of your loss (and in some ways ours as well if I may say so) - I'd like to share a little commentary he and I had in sept 2017 whereby he was talking about his Cannabis usage for his pain relief and he said this in a post:

The recreational types have taken on a nearly social aspect now, getting together to trade varieties, compare flavour profiles and proudly proclaim potency achieved. You might even think of it like a wine tasting, not sounding very criminal at all.
Mike

To which I replied an imagined scene:

"Would Sir & Madam like to try this blend?"

*puff.... long inhale..... hold it..... and exhale*

"Hmmm... I'm getting butterflies and rainbows..... and a merest backnote of pink elephants.... what do you think dear?" *Inane nodding grin and slight drool*

"yes, excellent, we'll take 2 bags "....

That really made me laugh
[/QUOTE]

He thought that was really funny, and not so far from the truth :)

Your father will be missed, and remembered.

However if by some chance he's still with us - can you ask him if I can have his stuff?

(- No really, he'll see the joke of that, our british dark humor, and hopefully it'll make him smile, or just show him this on your phone)

Last edited:
As of February 4th, just after noon, my father aka Lanemaux passed on. I'm sorry I'm only now updating you all it's just been a draining few days and I've only now worked up the energy to write this out. My mother and myself were able to get into the hospital to be there in his last moments, he even got to see the reply's in this post which was enough to make him smile a bit. Thanks for helping get his mood up one last time, he would have typed in his own post but the hospital wifi was not public in the least and he probably wouldn't have had the energy either sadly, he wanted me to let you all know he wished you all well and expressed disappointment that he wasn't able to keep up with the forum over the past few years.

Well I can't think of anything else to say at this point, and this will most likely be the last post from this account so I guess it's kinda perfect to leave it here at 650 posts total. I'd like to say thanks one last time, my father's side of the family was always a sore spot and was never close at the best of times. Outside of my mother, myself and a few other odd ball locals he really didn't have many intellectual or stimulating conversations outside of this forum. So for keeping him sane and thinking in the early years of his diagnosis you have my thanks.

As of February 4th, just after noon, my father aka Lanemaux passed on. I'm sorry I'm only now updating you all it's just been a draining few days and I've only now worked up the energy to write this out. My mother and myself were able to get into the hospital to be there in his last moments, he even got to see the reply's in this post which was enough to make him smile a bit. Thanks for helping get his mood up one last time, he would have typed in his own post but the hospital wifi was not public in the least and he probably wouldn't have had the energy either sadly, he wanted me to let you all know he wished you all well and expressed disappointment that he wasn't able to keep up with the forum over the past few years.

Well I can't think of anything else to say at this point, and this will most likely be the last post from this account so I guess it's kinda perfect to leave it here at 650 posts total. I'd like to say thanks one last time, my father's side of the family was always a sore spot and was never close at the best of times. Outside of my mother, myself and a few other odd ball locals he really didn't have many intellectual or stimulating conversations outside of this forum. So for keeping him sane and thinking in the early years of his diagnosis you have my thanks.

Very sad news, take care and thank you for letting us know.
Best regards.

Back