• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Nostalgia Old School B&D Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Stevekane

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a large Clarke pillar drill but Ive often wondered if a regular mains electric drill sitting in a drill stand would be just as good and a hell of a lot easier to live with? My Peugeot electric drill seems to be a powerful beast and Im sure has more muscle than the pillar drill, and it looks like the drill stands have a longer “quill” travel too.
Steve.

AdrianUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Check this out. Came across it when I bought one on eBay recently, paid £5 for it. Useful old drill.
I can’t see your drill but look at pages 56-59 and the amount of accessories available.

Thx Stuart, that Argo cat’ is super, £13.25, how things have changed.

Now I see it’s double insulated, that gives me confidence to plug it in, hold on …… bang :)

I found the chuck key this morning, so now it is functional at least.

Tim Kyte

Reaction score
Found this in my father in laws garage. In the getting better section. With mild trepidation I tried and all working fine, though the brushes might need replacing, or it could be the dust burning off.
7894F462-7818-473A-A4D6-C1D9ACE23BE7.jpeg

Oraclebhoy

Established Member
Reaction score
With mild trepidation I tried and all working fine.
Metal cases always make it more fun when trying out something you have found.
When I was doing my YTS training many moons ago, we had an very old metal drill in the workshop, I was 17/18 and was never happy with the way the plug was wired as you could see the red and black wires outside the plug. (Electrical safety was taught to me at a very early age after zapping myself when removing a plug without the top cover on, was the old plug socket with no switch)
So opened the plug to re-wire and it was a mess with the main issue being a bolt instead of a fuse 😡
Since then I always check the plug first, then do an continuity check to make sure it’s grounded and when the trigger is pulled I’m not going to make the case live.