Nostalgia - Jack Hargreaves - Out of Town, Old Country

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianUK

Established Member
Reaction score
With some spare time last week, did something I rarely do….searching aimless on YouTube rather than view my favourite channels.

Up popped a Jack Hargreaves programme from the late 70s early 80’s and I felt instantly transported back to being a lad, loved his tv programmes, his fishing programmes were just so captivating.

His Dorset / Hampshire stomping grounds were also mine then, and still are now, can feel a few trips being planned to see what’s still the same.

Knowlton which featured in Jack’s Old Country episode on lost Dorset villages is most definitely exactly the same after 40yrs, the henge, the yew trees, burial mound, the lane over the stream, as I stopped off there today on my way home.

Jack’s presenting style was just to easy to listen to, he would have been a super chap to know, full of knowledge about stuff that’s now forgotten, so apologies in advance if this post ends up sending some down an ‘Out of Town / Old Country’ YT rabbit hole.

I think it sums Jack up, simple, no fuss approach.
Its Spanish classic guitar - Recuerdos

Last edited:
My memory is of an earlier series he did called “Country Boy” He was teamed up with a chap called Ollie Pike. I haven’t been able to find any episodes of it unfortunately.

My memory is of an earlier series he did called “Country Boy” He was teamed up with a chap called Ollie Pike. I haven’t been able to find any episodes of it unfortunately.
There is a facebook group 'Out of town with Jack Hargreaves' run by his stepson. There is lots of knowledge there about Jack and his programmes, if any are available they will know.

Latest posts

Back