North Bros

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i know a few on here like North Bros tools so i thought i'd share this one i got yesterday; :twisted:
IMG_0520.jpg
, No 15, Pat Nov 2 '97-May 1 '06. just 5" long and in really good condition.
Whilst i'm on the subject, the other one pictured is a No35 and holds a small countersink. When it's released, it doesn't spring open, is that correct? i think i read somewhere that these screwdrivers were made with and without a spring, any pointers appreciated.
chris

When it's released, it doesn't spring open, is that correct? i think i read somewhere that these screwdrivers were made with and without a spring, any pointers appreciated.

I know Yankee screwdrivers were available with or without return springs. With the Yankee there's a large screw-cap in the end of the driver handle which seals a tube housing a spring - this can simply be removed for a non-return action.

soulboy":wviy3dpc said:
IMG_0520.jpg
...the other one pictured is a No35 and holds a small countersink. When it's released, it doesn't spring open, is that correct? i think i read somewhere that these screwdrivers were made with and without a spring, any pointers appreciated.
IIRC the #135 is spring loaded and the #35 isn't. Likewise with the #130/30 and #131/31. The non-spring loaded models are usually shorter than their spring loaded siblings (as they don't have to house the big spring #-o ), but take the same size bits.

There's a bloke in the States has a website on North Bros Yankees, but I'm at work ATM so can't link it.

Cheers, Vann.

Nice. I do like a North Bros. tool, I must say; well built blighters, in my experience. More than anyone probably needs to know about spiral ratchet screwdrivers on this page, if you fancy.

Latest posts

Back