Norms plans up for grabs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

OK

I have a set of drawings for Norm's Deluxe Router table (broadcast yesterday on H&L) up for grabs

Free to me from the rather nice Midnight, and free to anyone who now wants 'em

pm me or post here, of course!

:(

No prospect of duplicate plans being made available, by any chance?

Gill

GillD":1mvab0i1 said:
:(

No prospect of duplicate plans being made available, by any chance?

Gill

I will try them on the photocopier at work on Monday - they look bigger than A3

As the winner of the fastest finger, and given that I happen to be working on a project involving scanning A0 drawings at the moment, I'll duplicate them when I get them if Tony has no luck.

Les

ummmm..... I hate to say this, but if it's delux plans, they weren't mine... honest guv...

the pipper released the plans the week after I'd bought the previous set....

Definitely the drawings from the 2003 episode and on the show he said that the previous one was 7 years old. I got the plans about a year ago and thought they came from you Mike.

This table has the lower drawers split into a single on the right and a double on the left + the dust extraction is much improved.

Whoever did send me the plans, thanks and sorry :oops:

As I thought... I bought / built mine bacn in 02.. single bottom drawer.. lower fence... lets not talk about the DX...

That said, I'd be lost without it....

Do you know where I can get the new plans for the deluxe job in this country please?

Thanks

T

Neil,

Thanks - am I being stupid though - it appears I can't buy from the Brimarc site - no big deal I can call them tomorrow but my card is in my hand......

Love your table too but I think the Incra is way down the list for me yet - I tink Festool want some money off me first!

Cheers

Tim

tim":2whx5b0l said:
I tink Festool want some money off me first!
Well, if you've going down that road I can't see an Incra in your near future!
Seriously though, I don't think you'll have any regrets, especially if you're going for the plunge saw or the OF1400 router. I have the saw and it really is unbelievable, and I've tried the router and was very impressed. Unfortunately I'm now spent up so I'll have to resist the pull of the OF1400 for a long while :roll:

Cheers,
Neil

Before i would go the FESTOOL way, i would seriously consider the MAFELL way,

lo50.jpg

Mcluma":2irir2vw said:
Before i would go the FESTOOL way, i would seriously consider the MAFELL way,

McLuma, I have that router and can highly recommend it. I think it's not just the outside that strikes an uncannily similar appearance to the Festool!

Adam

Unfortunately, there is only a Mafell clone of the 1/4" router (and the massive 1/2" job too I think?) - not the medium-sized 1/2" pistol-grip version which is the size that I am after. The plunge saw has a few significant differences too, and I think its sensible to go down one route or the other so that you have compatibility of guide rails etc. The price difference wasn't enough to sway me towards the Maffell saw, but I did think about it.

Bean, you've very welcome to the Sketchup file for the table, or I could turn it into a pdf if it would help, plus of course you can ask me anything you like about it!

Cheers,
Neil

Back