Norm's Hand Held Bobbin Sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Travis, but the power rating is different over here. Although i seem to remember that we can get some sort of converter to allow us to run US tools etc, does anyone know if this is correct?

He claims that it is two years old with light use, and from what you can see from the photo this appears to be the case.

With this in mind and the fact that it will cost around £300 over here, $175 (or at the exchange rate of $1.73, £100.97) is not a bad at all. The only deal breaker would be the cost of shipping and the cost of the converter.

Would i be right in saying that i would not have to pay any import tax etc, because it is secondhand?

Regards

Woody

I have two US Porter Cable routers that I run quite happily here in the UK through a 110v site transformer. One was mail ordered from Coastal tools in the US the other from a Porter Cable supplier in the UK. Check out the discussion thread on Fixed Base Routers in the Buying advice section. It was much cheaper to buy the tool direct from the US even including express shipping and import duty. No reason why you cant be just like Norm!

Mark H

Woodythepecker":3eg17n98 said:
Would i be right in saying that i would not have to pay any import tax etc, because it is secondhand?

Unfortunately not.

Yes, I think so. I last looked into it a while ago when I got stung on some (non-antique) Danish silverware. I think there are exceptions for proper antiques, but otherwise it is regarded as just being the same as any old import. Same old VAT and duty applies.

I guess they have to, or everything imported would suddenly become second-hand, if unopened.

Back