Norm's Dado Head Cutter ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first set of Dados i bought about 5-6 years ago,cheap i know but still going strong today.You do get the shims with the set.
I also bought the Freud set that Norm uses when i bought my Unisaw and to be honest i used the cheap set more.

Tusses":ah3jydna said:
yeah, the machine mart ad says 6.25 - 20mm I think.

I will be wanting to be making dado's for 3/4 ply - whatever size that is these days. :?

I might see if I can get through to wadkin sales for the nut, as I think they still sell some spares for the AGS

Over on this side of the pond we have a router bit sold to the exact size of plywood....one pass and your good to go

Felder sell dado cutters to fit hammer machines (not cheap though)
brilliant for rebates ect

Paul.J":1rv36bwg said:
This is the first set of Dados i bought about 5-6 years ago,cheap i know but still going strong today.You do get the shims with the set.
I also bought the Freud set that Norm uses when i bought my Unisaw and to be honest i used the cheap set more.

hiya

do you know if these would fit onto a ELU 1251 RAS?

mike

Mikepooley wrote
I'm not sure Mike.I know they fitted onto the Dewalt 720 ras,tight fit.Think that was a 16mm bore :?: But they ftted perfik on the Uni,and contractor saws.

mikepooley":2qqpcqz1 said:

Fits my DW 1251, but as with PaulJ's 720 it's a bit tight. I used a 16mm drill and 'eased' the diameter of the bore (clamped each part in turn, drilled slowly using cutting oil) without any problems.

Misterfish

Back