Norman Bird's factory, Birmingham

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I have bought an item that was stated to have been used in Norman Bird's factory, Birmingham for many years as though it was widely known. A google search didn't bring up anything and I am wondering if it is familiar to anybody with local knowledge. It doesn't make any real difference to me beyond general interest.

I haven't got it home yet so any vanilla smell hasn't drifted the 55 miles to here! I think the custard factory was originally in Birmingham, but that was Albert Bird. The picture of the sign writing was "Norman Bird" rather than generic "Bird's"

It could well be one of the thousands of small factories that disappeared decades ago and of which there is no internet mention. The reference in the advert was probably descriptive of where they bought it and the name on the side (the side itself had seen better days). Unfortunately my info is from the old ebay advert of the person who sold it to the person that I bought it from.

Back