Quantcast

Norm web cam

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

Don't know whether I want to watch anymore of this bloke really.

He comes on TV over here, seemingly in a big loop. If you miss an episode you can hang on and watch it all over again in a few weeks time.

Nobody works like him in real life do they? He never makes a mistake, never tidys up, always cool and calm. I'm dying for the time when he accedentally chops his finger off on the saw. Bet they don't show that either!

Never mind, a great inspiration to some I suppose!!

Regards

Woodsmith

Reaction score
Maybe some of you people may remember Reg Prescott (kenny Everett) he managed to cut his fingers off every week and was a DIY disaster. Nearest I have seen to that in real life was a chap who came to work in a joinery shop after running a 4 sider. The spindle moulder he was on must have been alien to him and he earned the nickname of Dangerman Stan! Looked like Norm had a nice little belt sander there but as always it looked an impractical place to work because of lack of space! Maybe a comination machine would be of benefit ie saw planer/thicknesser and spindle. I used to sell them at one time and these days some of them are pretty good and can cost up to £12k for a top of the range one and a decent professional one for about £3 - 4K maybe a lot of money but a nice tool to have. Some even having tilting spindle moulders (saves on tooling costs but can cause excessive vibration on large rebates)

llangatwgnedd

Established Member
Reaction score
Watched him tonight at 6 30pm (UK) it was 1 30pm with him he was clearly having trouble setting his jointer as he spent 20mins hanging over the outfeed end.
On tommorow (Thurs) aswell.
What was he making I could see french screens in the backround dunno if it was thoose?