Norm Plans - Anyone used them

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Just curious if anyone has bought/used any plans from NYW.

I was planning to build from the Mitre Bench plans, but thought I would ask you gents first.

Biglouie,

Used the NYW plan for a pergola. Comments would be:-

1) Need some care in conversion from imperial to metric
2) Plans are pretty detailed with only a few items needing to be thought through.
3) Easy to modify to my needs
5) Cut list of little use as Uk metric sizes are sufficiently different to warrant a bit of recalculation
6) paper format is excellent...easy to pin up....only uses one side of paper...important if you want to pin to a board
7) Still need to make a full size drawing or draw out to size on ply/mdf to get repeatable accuracy

bye

Hi B,
I've used the plans for Norm's Deluxe Router Table.
Clear, easy to modify, but no metric dimensions. Uses both sides of the paper, but each section is easy to scan to get a series of A4 sheets you can chuck about in the workshop without messing up the original.

I am very pleased with the result, and consider it good VFM.

Cheers
Steve

its a shame about the metric/imperial

I just cant get my head around inches!

I've used the plans for Norm's Deluxe Router Table too. Very pleased with them although there were one or two areas where they could have been slightly better

Hi
I used his plans to build the computer desk, no problems with them apart from not being metric. As I was fed up of converting the measurements, decided to purchase an imperial rule . Plans were supplied by Brimarc, excellent service.

Neville

yupp......I've used em... and would again if the need arose.. well thought out, good clear cut list... best $10 I've spent...

mudman":32plgq34 said:
Just curious.
Why would you convert the dimensions to metric?
Surely you can just use an imperial measure?
Using imperial is OK providing the material is imperial as well.
Plywood is in metric sizes so some dimentions need changing to reflect this.
Mr Abrams has said for a few years that plywood seems to be about 1/32" smaller these days.
He would be more accurate if he said that it is now metric so 3/4" ply is now 18mm (about 40 thou smaller not 1/32")
3/4" = 19.05mm
I've worked in both imperial and metric since so called decimalisation in 1971 yet still prefer imperial, it has more divisors than metric.
I made the computer desk as well but not from plans.
I made mine from watching a video of the program and altering it to suit myself.

Martin Brown":mr6gu9u1 said:
If you bought and did not like we would happily refund you too. Did you get my PM from the shop thread?

Martin

Sorry Martin, did you send a PM to me? Didnt get it if so.

Dewy":eb8e72cr said:
I've worked in both imperial and metric since so called decimalisation in 1971 yet still prefer imperial, it has more divisors than metric.

I like to work in 1/373rds of a millimeter myself.

Back