Norm Alert!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I KNOW! Hence the bleary eyed expression this morning, late, as I watched him till 2.30am! :lol:

Roy.

Where do you watch this stuff? Is it part of a subscription package, freeview or online?

I do wish they would get some 'new' episodes to show, all the years that Norm was making stuff and discovery just drag out the same 10 shows over and over :roll:

Give Rico another series as well.

No skills":jxyyqr18 said:
discovery just drag out the same 10 shows over and over :roll:

It's more than ten that Discovery Channel have, but you are right, I believe there are at least two more series that Norm has made that the Discovery Channel accountants won't get their cheque books out for :roll:

Also, I'm slightly surprised that ol' Rico's shows do have a weird fascination for me :lol: he has made re-cycling an art form :lol:

I managed to watch a couple I hadn't seen. MIL is a bit knowledgeable and kept asking why he is calling some joints different names and why is he doing that way!

Love Rico's stuff, it more what he makes then how he is doing it for me!

No skills":3c5j9973 said:

Amen!!

No skills":3c5j9973 said:
I do wish they would get some 'new' episodes to show, all the years that Norm was making stuff and discovery just drag out the same 10 shows over and over .

Yes, agree. But I still keep watching them!!

Roy

Seems like 10 :)

You would think with the show finished they would try and do a deal for the rest.

I like some of Rico's stuff (more the woody things), he certainly hasnt helped my scrap wood collecting :oops: I think hes tried getting some more series made but discovery arent going for it #-o

If you have Sky you might be interested in Rough Cut Woodworking with Tommy Mac. This is currently showing series 1 (made in 2010) and is on PBS channel 166. The thing is that it is usually on at odd hours - 3:20 (ish) am, 5:30am, 7:35am, 8:10am and as late as 10:40am. Like Norm he is based in Boston and seems to be covering a wide range of projects and subjects.

Maybe PBS will continue this trend and start showing other of the channel's US parent's programs - Woodsmith Shop, American Woodshop, Woodturning Workshop and the The Woodwright's Shop that shows just what can be done with skill and handtools.

Misterfish

Back