Norfolk

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in Norfolk on holiday for a few days, just for a relax with my better half.
Are there any 'must see' places while we're here?

Where about's in Norfolk are you going to be / do you have any particular interests?

I would consider a day trip (or half day) on the broads, you can rent a day boat for about £60 per day personally I cant think of a much better way to spend a day (if the suns shining).

We're at Browston not far from Lowestoft.

We'd wondered about hiring a boat but the only price we'd seen was double that, which is a bit pricey for us. At £60 however it seems a lot more reasonable. Where would you suggest hiring from?

nev":19o46hy1 said:
How about the sign that says ' you are now leaving Norfolk!' :)

:lol: Not 'till Friday.

Met some nice people here, pleasant chap along with his wife and sister, typical local couple :roll:

If it's dry tomorrow we may be boating. 8)

After 20 years of marriage a mate of mine moved that way.

As he said, he didn`t smoke, didn`t drink, Norfolk...............seems a nice place to live.

Oi! watchit - I'm Norfolk Born and Bred!!

(hammer) (hammer)

Was that a Banjo I just heard? - No it was coming over the border from Suffolk :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

So am I.

If you like beer a trip to Southwold to Adnams brewery is a must, or a bit further inland to St Peter South Elmham tomSt Peters Brewery, the building dates back to the 12th century IIRC.

Ok, they might be in Suffolk, but still worth seeing.

Well we were up too late today to go boating so we decided to pop into Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth for a look. The reason this isn't posted posthumously is that the queue was too long at the suicide booth. Ye Gods! It made me think fondly of Fleetwood!

I'm not a beer drinker but I've been testing the Aspall's cider at the local, so it seems Suffolk is winning so far :)

No skills":2kw1euzq said:
We nearly moved to Yarmouth (house hunted around there and surrounding bits), compared to where I am it seemed nice.

So you say, but I notice you left out the 'great', no mistake methinks. :wink:

Back