"non slip" routing mats

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi
I got a 3 x 4metre piece from Lidl for next to nothing
They were selling it as a camping groundsheet that was breathable but it works well as a non slip mat

I bought mine from a Bargain Madness (B&M) store.Only cost about £4 for a 2 metre roll doesnt last for ever, the surface does eventually rub off, but for that price, no problem

I bought mine off Ebay, same as translantics pic of the black mst above, it was classed as a car boot mat, size wise it was approx 3ft by 4ft, and then cut to size for different projects, never had an issue with it.

The yellow stuff seems 'stickier' than the black for some reason. Very handy for routing edges etc but not for deep trenching - there is a limit to it's grip.

saw an anti vibration washing machine mat being used for this purpose on you tube recently, never tried it myself, they go for around £15 on amazon

I know he is a member here

Hey that's me!!! I use washing machine insulation mat and cut in two. I find it works very well and have used it for years. It can leave black scuffs but it comes off very easily. It works also if you have a long timber such as a handrail by placing a piece at each end. Hope that helps

Last edited:
blimey I thought I rambled a lot in my youtube videos lol.. Definitely worth setting a stopwatch . :giggle:

I bought 2x katsu routers 4x years ago thinking that as they were so cheap they probably wouldn't last but after a couple of years I sold the spare as these just go on and on.

Just buy one ,For £30 you won't be disappointed . They are an ideal trimmer for your DIY router table

Latest posts

Back