non official batteries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBT85

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any dealing with 3rd party batteries for their tools who can recommend a seller or brand?

I only have a single 2ah 12v one and a pair of 2ah 18v ones for my Bosch tools. I know they all use the same 18650 cells in the battery but as with lots of different batteries sold online, a bunch are fakes that hold barely any charge at all.

If your Bosch is only a few years old, it should take their current 18V slide on batteries. Check ebay and you'll find the latest compact 4Ah "core" battery pack for just under 40 quid. I think those are great. Double the capacity and the battery isn't anywhere near 2x the size of the old ones. These have the latest 21700 or whatever it is cells that everyone's now moving to because of Tesla and the cars. I'd buy genuine at that price. I find the balance is nice on my impact driver and big brushless drill driver.
I read somewhere (so this may be utter rubbish) that Bosch don't use balance circuits to keep all their cells in the same state of charge in the battery pack. They rely on the cells being made to consistent standards by the manufacture and they stay well enough balanced to give as good a working life as anyone elses. I don't imagine that works if you buy a pack made with the cheaper second grade cells.

Ahh interesting I didn't know they'd started using the 21700 cells yet. Thanks for that info.

Yeah my tools use the slide on battery so I'll have a look.

I bought the red Flouron batteries for my makita drill. They were as good as the factory ones at half the price.

Back