Noisy Headstock Bearing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexf

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a Perform CCL Lathe but the headstock bearing is getting very noisy. Has anyone replaced this bearing and if so is it fairly easy to do.

Now got my CCL bearings replaced - what a difference. Ordered the new bearings from Axminster and fortunately ordered new pulleys at the same time since the existing ones broke while taking them off. When I got the headstock in pieces I discovered that it wasn't the headstock bearings that were worn but a pulley bearing which I didn't know about. I am sure that I could have got it from Axminster very quickly but I phoned the number to my local bearing stockist and they had it in stock.

Although Axminster recommends that the headstock is sent back to them for new bearings, the replacement was relativly simple and I would have no hesitation in doing it again. Incidentaly the prices of the parts from Axminster were vere reasonable and once again their service was excellent.

Glad you sorted it Alex, did you by any chance take any snaps of the breakdown and re-assembly.
If you did then a WIP type post would be great for future reference for others.

Back