Noisy Festool TS55?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudgun69

Reaction score
Hi There,

Been lurking around for a while soaking up all the extremely useful info.

I started on the slippery slope of Festool a while ago with the OF1010 which I have to say is one cool router, ideal for guitar making. I have just bought the TS55 but have a bit of an issue I think, when you start up the saw it makes like a buzzing noise almost like bad bearings and when the speed is set to 1 it makes this noise every couple of seconds or so.

Is this normal or I have I got a poorly saw? It doesn't sound like a festool should sound if you know what I mean :?

Thanks in advance

Pete

HI Spudgun
Welcome to the Forum, you mad fool you.

I've been doing a search for "Noisy and Festool" and couldn't find what I was looking for, because I think that you are not the first to post about this.

I seem to think that it was something to do with the speed control electronics, but I really can't remember. With any luck the person who posted (unless I'm imagining it) will pop up.

Thanks for the help guys, I feel a bit better now :)

The noise was a bit of a surprise when I was expecting something along the lines of my silky smooth router..........

Cheers

Pete

Latest posts

Back