NoChex and PayPal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic but still wanted to alert you all to a little known problem when using these sites. These sites were set-up to act as middlemen for 1-to-1 sales between individuals such as on auction sites. However, some unscrupulous companies, such as SoftXpress (aka Active Data Consultants) - AVOID AT ALL COSTS - also use them as a scam.

You order and pay for your goods via NoChex or PayPal. The company does not deliver the goods as they are crooks. NoChex say to you tough..nothing to do with us. Two fingers, mate. Then you go to your credit card company to dispute the charge they say..Aha..because you went through a third party to pay, it's nothing to do with us. You can rant and rave as much as you like but you are basically stuffed.

Also check out sites like www.paypalsucks.com and look under whistleblowers for messages from ex-PayPal managers.

Interesting, and i'll move this to the off topic forum.

I'm a pretty heavy user of paypal, and used nochex a couple of times for both spending and getting sent money, several transactions per day normally.

I can honestly say, i've never run into any real trouble...You've just got to watch who you pay.

I've used PayPal a fair bit and I'm happy with the experience I've had. However my purchases tend to be low value. Anything of substantial value and I'd be dealing direct with the seller.

With payments to me I make sure that as soon as the account goes over 50 quid I transfer it out to my bank account. There's no point leaving it in the PayPal account 'cos you don't get interest or anything - and if there was a problem with your PayPal account they might bar access whilst it is sorted out.

The 50 quid is like a float 'cos I make small purchases on ebay and so on. Sometimes I have zero, but it's never over 50 quid - that's the amount I am prepared to write off if things go wrong.

Nochex I have no experience of.

Andrew

rsinden":243y9m6s said:
The company does not deliver the goods as they are crooks.

So as in any company that is operating fraudulently, you contact trading standards, and the police, and get them to take action. It make take a long time, but to recover your money you will need to take them to the small claims court. There is lots of information online about taking them to court (and it's not too expensive either). I believe you should also issue a small claims summons on paypal, and you should recover your monies one way or the other!

Good luck!

Adam

Latest posts

Back