No table saw, am I missing out?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a quick look at the Fusion 2, looks like a nice saw. A lot of the width looks to be in the extended fence rails, I'm sure you could shorten those by maybe 800mm if you don't need that much width?

My saw is similar and I was originally going to shorten the rails (who uses their table saw to cross cut 8x4 sheets?) but it's ended up as a handy space for storing stuff that doesn't have a home.

Does it have to be something new?

It doesn't have to be, but I don't really want to spend ages trying to source a Wadkin AGS or something second hand, then spend the time restoring it etc.

To be honest what drew me to Laguna was the fact that Nick the Laguna rep posts and responds here and that's the kind of customer service I like - getting to someone straight away if needed :)

It doesn't have to be, but I don't really want to spend ages trying to source a Wadkin AGS or something second hand, then spend the time restoring it etc.

To be honest what drew me to Laguna was the fact that Nick the Laguna rep posts and responds here and that's the kind of customer service I like - getting to someone straight away if needed :)

That’s a good reason, I agree. And the desire to simply have a machine arrive, and be basically ready to go is all but inarguable.

The current availability of new machines is muddying the water at the moment. Conversely, I’ve seen a lot of good machines up for sale, not just wadkins and Startrites, but newer ones too.

That’s a good reason, I agree. And the desire to simply have a machine arrive, and be basically ready to go is all but inarguable.

The current availability of new machines is muddying the water at the moment. Conversely, I’ve seen a lot of good machines up for sale, not just wadkins and Startrites, but newer ones too.

True, availability not good. Not planning to build my workshop until September though, so am hoping that supply chain issues will be resolved by start of 2022

As someone with a Sip 01446 which has the motor/blade suspended from the table, I'd LOOOOVE a cabinet mounted saw. Adjusting this is a pain in the backside. If Nick want's to sponsor me one I can show that I have 7 followers on youtube. 😂

Latest posts

Back