No subject

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mittlefehldt,

thank you for the pictures. Apparently German manufacturers preferred a tall knob. Kunz even has a patent for one (1958).

I don't know much about Schmachtenberg & Türck. The company was founded in 1908 by Robert Schmachtenberg and existed at least until 1960, when it was mentioned in a German edition of 'Who supplies what?'. Even Robert's great-grandson could not give me more details. In 1958 the company applied for a patent concerning the depth adjuster in iron planes similar to the Norris style adjuster. Hence my question, but your plane does not have it.

It's interesting for me to see that there are many German manufacturers who made iron planes. When I started investigating I thought only Kunz made them. But there were also Schmachtenberg & Türck, Tillmanns & Maier, Esslinger & Abt, Bonumwerke and Staude & Schlott. And the one I still can't name, the maker of the 'Jordan/Germany' planes.

Wolfgang

Back