no ridgeboard required!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey, you would have thought that they would have uncoupled all those broken down trucks and not had the one at the front towing everything :shock: :shock: :?

That's one hell of a load!

We used to get a lot of BIG boats on trailers through our local village and they almost touched the buildings both sides. The really impressive jobs were the catamarans. When they got to a bit that was too narrow they jacked one side of the trailer up and went through with the load at about 45º.

I found out that they didn't use the Autoroutes because 1. the entry pay gates were to small and 2. because it would have cost more, so the locals on the route from the Atlantic coast where they were made to the Med where they were chartered had to put up with the havoc caused by them on unsuitable roads!

flying haggis":1hkau42j said:
54m glulam beams being delivered

https://youtu.be/4YK0fzqq5PQ

I couldn't work out if the rear end was steerable, and if not, why not.

I also couldn't work out why 50m of glue-lam, and not steel, and also why not make the glue-lam on site? But then, what do I know? Not a lot. It must have made commercial sense, because they did it. Very impressive job.

Back