No rear overhang sliding Mitre saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
Been out of the loop on tools for a while, but feel I need to update my sliding mitre saw, what I need is one without a rear overhang or projection, I know about the Bosch monster, and the Makita, not looking to spend Festool monies, does anyone know of any other available options?

Thanks for the input guys, I think the Hikoki looks the best value, but the Metabo looks like its dual angle, will investigate further.

I have a DeWalt DWS778 Compact Sliding Mitre Saw 250mm Blade 1850w 240v. It is very good but does not do trenching, I assume this is due to the compact nature of the mechanism.

If you want this feature it s worth checking the saw has it.

Had a KGSV when they came out but didn't find it very reliable when returning to 90 at all. It sounds like you're wanting corded, but I'll throw the 40v XGT Makita into the ring as it's just fantastic.

Last edited:
Do you guys have your saw on a transport stand? I had a Bosch gravity stand, but that went with the workshop sale, looking for one a bit cheaper as its only occasional use now days, the Metabo and Makita look good, any opinions?

Back