No rear overhang sliding Mitre saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
Been out of the loop on tools for a while, but feel I need to update my sliding mitre saw, what I need is one without a rear overhang or projection, I know about the Bosch monster, and the Makita, not looking to spend Festool monies, does anyone know of any other available options?

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, I think the Hikoki looks the best value, but the Metabo looks like its dual angle, will investigate further.

Jonm

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a DeWalt DWS778 Compact Sliding Mitre Saw 250mm Blade 1850w 240v. It is very good but does not do trenching, I assume this is due to the compact nature of the mechanism.

If you want this feature it s worth checking the saw has it.

Nelsun

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a KGSV when they came out but didn't find it very reliable when returning to 90 at all. It sounds like you're wanting corded, but I'll throw the 40v XGT Makita into the ring as it's just fantastic.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about Hyundai power tools??

TRITON

Established Member
Reaction score
Dewalt DWS773. -£220 in screwfix

Ive the same saw in its earliest format the DW700. Ive a 80t trend industrial blade in mine which cuts like a hot knife through butter and leaves a cut as smooth as glass.
I only mention this as i bought two at the time so have a spare ;)

Last edited:

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
Do you guys have your saw on a transport stand? I had a Bosch gravity stand, but that went with the workshop sale, looking for one a bit cheaper as its only occasional use now days, the Metabo and Makita look good, any opinions?

Latest posts