No politics rule...Good or bad?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt1245

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been following the very interesting global warming thread, but i don't know enough information, fact and figures to feel i can comment on it.

One message that does keep cropping up on there and other threads is along the lines of
OK, this is a final warning. Any more political posting and this thread will be locked down.

Did anyone see the 'i'm not into politics' advertisement that was on tv a while ago.

Whether we like it or not, politics does affect virtually every part of our lives, from Taxes to holidays to regulations on machines to sustainable timber management to laws etc etc etc.

I think the forum ban on politics is wrong, what do others think?

Matt.

I'm inclined to agree, general chat should be general chat and as long as it's done in good humor where's the harm... but then; I don't have to spend my evenings moderating this rabble.

well...

my father used to tell me "never talk politics :twisted: or religion [-o< " in polite company.
the older i get the more i see that his advise was very wise. religion does not seem to be a common conversation but maybe there is a very good reason that we all can do without politics here. i can't say what it is but frankly i like the fact that there are no political discussions here [-( .

just my opinion

sparky

Yes politics and religion do affect every facet of our lives but not generally in a good way.
Yes religion has its good side but to some its an excuse for turning against anyone who does not follow their particular belief.
So it is with politics, we all hate politicians, but will defend our own party tooth and nail.
There's enough animosity in the world so why bring it to the one place where we can relax and enjoy each others company.

God bless the government :twisted:

Dom

Gentlemen

sparky":ujz11qqb said:
my father used to tell me "never talk politics or religion in polite company.

There aren't many rules in this forum and the members that break them cause the moderators 95% of their work. We all know the threads, and the members, that have the potential to go too far.

The simple solution would be to delete the off-topic forum, but I am pleased to say that this has been discounted. Instead, the moderators have worked hard to keep politics, personal attacks and religion out of threads. This is, after all, a woodworking forum.

If you want to discuss politics there are hundreds, if not thousands of forums that will welcome you, this is not one of them.

OK, this is a final warning. Any more political posting and this thread will be locked down.

If members can't keep to some simple rules then, unfortunately, they will be warned and banned.

MrJay":ujz11qqb said:
... but then; I don't have to spend my evenings moderating this rabble.

The moderators certainly don't enjoy it.

sparky":ujz11qqb said:
i can't say what it is but frankly i like the fact that there are no political discussions here

DomValente":ujz11qqb said:
There's enough animosity in the world so why bring it to the one place where we can relax and enjoy each others company.

I couldn't agree more.

This thread is now being locked.

Cheers
Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back