no new great british woodshop's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,
just to inform you all of an email i got from Dave!

this is as it reads:

Hello to you all and I hope you ' re all getting ready for some DIY this summer.
Firstly please let me thank everyone who sent emails expressing your enjoyment of the show, I was really blown away by the response. It was a lot of fun to make and I hope we were able to bring a quality UK woodworking show to your screens, even though I do speak with a funny accent.

We were looking forward to bringing you another show this year but unfortunately Discovery have decided not to request another series. They will continue to show the last series in repeats. I'm sure if they realise the demand for a UK woodworking show is out there they may rethink their strategy so if you did enjoy watching the show I'm sure they would love to hear from you. Contact details are below.

Thank you all once again for all your kind words. I will certainly let you know if things change in the future and we have the opportunity to bring you more great projects on The Great British Woodshop.

All the very best.
David

Discovery Home and Leisure

Telephone:

+44 (0) 870 600 5646 between the hours of 0830 - 2200 GMT. (Please note that calls may be monitored and recorded for quality and training purposes).

Email:

[email protected]

We endeavour to respond to all enquiries, unless they are answered under FAQs. However, due to the large number of enquiries we get, it may not always be possible to respond quickly, so please bear with us while we get back to you.

just thought you may like to know about this!

Tom

Hi Thomas
Sad to hear of that news. Discovery seems to be turning into the Fishing channel. Time to send some "Moaning" emails, methinks.
After all, any WWing programs are better than none. (Well, alright maybe I will withdraw that comment. Boys in the wood, etc..... :? )
cheers,
Philly :D

I quite liked the Great British Workshop and think we should all demand Discovery shows less fishing and more of this + NYW etc.

Someone please shoot the 'boyz form the wood' team. Please.

Tony":3spaxxe1 said:
I quite liked the Great British Workshop and think we should all demand Discovery shows less fishing and more of this + NYW etc.

Someone please shoot the 'boyz form the wood' team. Please.
One thing noticable about 'boyz in the wood' is that Craig (big brother winner) Philips has the mouth but Rod Butler actually has some knowlege about woodworking. It would be nice to see him put his own ideas into use instead of being overshadowed by someone who gets his words wrong all the time.
Twice I heard him refer to the 'diameter' of a rectangle instead of the 'perimeter'.
He also said the biscuits were made of 'balsa'. He was probably referring to cheap knock apart items. :lol:

Did anyone ever check out the online plans from Craig and Rod and check the spelling? lmao

THe H & L mail reply bot spat the following into my inbox:

Dear Noel,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Home & Leisure.
At this time, a new series of 'The Great British Woodshop' is not planned. However, we will note your enthusiasm for the programme, and forward your request to the appropriate area for their consideration.

We invite you to visit our web site for more information about our channel: www.homeandleisure.co.uk

Kind Regards,

Discovery Networks Europe Viewer Relations Team

Back