NO MORE NORM

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dewy

Dewy":e8ir0vyg said:
............. but finds Norms voice restful but interesting to listen to.

Excuse me. I'm sorry Dewy but love Norm, as I do, you just cannot say his voice sounds interesting. That is almost akin to saying that he has a personality.

Cheers
Neil

Its a shame that they are not running NYW anymore as Norm was my inspiration to actually get to night classes and start making something.

Okay, hes boring, hes nasal, he has a beard. Im sure Mrs Norm loves him to bits.

He at least has learnt to have a sense of humour over the years.

What I guess he has done is raised the whole awareness of furniture making (i admit that nailing together some plywood may not be everyones cup of tea) which cannot be a bad thing.

If you look in balance at all the shows - NYW is still the slickest and the best presented on the TV, i guess Great British Woodshop runs a close second but the baldy guy still aint Norm.

I hate fishing!

David

Shadowfax":2qcziawp said:
I get incensed by programmes that assume everyone needs to be told what they like. "You can see this is a lovely house/flat/villa because the current owners have had the sense to paint it". Meaning - "you could have got it a lot cheaper if you had the nouse to see the potential before they turned the walls this colour".
I just can't believe that people have become that naieve over the last few years!
Any-one agree or should I just keep hoping (very quietly) that some of the property programmes will disappear?

I definitely agree. If you're so stupid you don't see the potential until someone's redecorated it then you deserve to pay the extra £10k or whatever. You'll probably redecorate yourself anyway as most of the schemes they do are awful.

I also particularly hate the idea of getting rid of your books and even dogs to make the house more attractive. That's not at all fair on the dogs (mine love a good read!).

Response from H&L:-

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Home and Leisure.

We are pleased to confirm that New Yankee Workshop will continue to air on Discovery Home and Leisure. We have no plans to drop the programme. We can only apologise if you have been somehow misinformed. If you could let us know where you got this information from, we can perhaps correct the source.
The next episode of New Yankee Workshop is scheduled to air at 14.30 this afternoon.

Kind regards,

Discovery Networks Europe Viewer Relations Team

Thank you for contacting Discovery Home and Leisure.

We are pleased to confirm that New Yankee Workshop will continue to air on Discovery Home and Leisure. We have no plans to drop the programme. We can only apologise if you have been somehow misinformed. If you could let us know where you got this information from, we can perhaps correct the source.

The next episode of New Yankee Workshop is scheduled to air at 14.30 this afternoon.

Kind regards,

Discovery Networks Europe Viewer Relations Team

Hey Dewy,

I've sent H & L an email with your home address and tel number....

Seriously, at least the network is now aware how popular NYW is and hopefully this will keep it on air for a very long time.
All's well that ends well.

Rgds

Noel

I apologize for jumping to conclusions. I had used the Sky TV Guide which only shows 7 days in advance.
As the 1.00am repeat was stopped this week and NYW was not shown for Monday (bank holiday) I presumed it had been taken off.
I have just received the identical email from H&L to which I replied with my apology but added that it still doesn't alter the fact that the repeat has been withdrawn and they have no plans to show the 2004 season of NYW which is normally aired in late April after it has finished in USA. Thanks to all your emails H&L should now know how popular this show is to all it's viewers around the world. I thank everyone who complained so quickly about its removal.
Now all we need is to convince H&L to show the 2004 season.
It might be a good idea to ask for the programmes that Neil mentioned. I'm sure a great many would love to see the 'Router Workshop' shown on the American Public Broadcast System (PBS)

Yup, received email and answered it asking about 2004 season and also the Router workshop.

I should have used a woodworker rule before my original complaint.
"Measure twice, cut once" In this instance I checked once and acted twice. :wink:

Dewy,

You used the Sky 7 days in advance guide and because the New Yankee was not going to be shown over the bank holiday you came to the conclusion that we would not be seeing Norm again. My god man i hope your mum does not let you loose on any machines.

I agree it was the 7 day guide I saw but I jumped to conclusions because they had stopped showing NYW at 1.00am. It used to be shown at 6am 1.30pm 8pm & 1am. They have been reducing showings although that channel had always worked well for shift workers and such because you could always see your favourite programmes at different times. I had no idea that it was a bank holiday next week until I realised why it had been changed after getting their email today.

:oops: :oops:

Dewy":1l8psk4q said:
Now all we need is to convince H&L to show the 2004 season.

No hope of that:
====
Dear Pete,

Thank you for contacting Discovery Home & Leisure.

We appreciate the time that you have taken to reply and thank you for your interest in our channel. Unfortunately, we have no plans for a new series of 'New Yankee Workshop'. We are glad you enjoyed this series and will forward your request to the appropriate channel for their consideration.

For more information about the programme, you may be interested to know that there is a dedicated website at: www.newyankee.com

We hope that you will continue to enjoy watching our channel.
====

How can I have enjoyed "this series" if they aren't going to show it ???

That's the identical email I had from H&L both today & a few months ago when I 1st contacted them about cutting the evening slot.

Yeah, They have canned responses I suppose, will make their lifes much easier.

While i'm on the subject: I have heard rumors of a new H&L *useful* website, with articles and more :wink:

Back