No-Lock washers.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if it helps but I cut out plastic washers from washing up liquid bottles (the white plastic) for mine, they last for ages and stop the chucks/faceplates from getting stuck.

cd

I can't see them too clearly in the picture, but they look dangerously like the plastic washers used under sink taps, and therefore available from any decent plumbing merchants. I'd try them before shipping a washer from australia!

Les Mahon":u3sbdv6t said:
I can't see them too clearly in the picture, but they look dangerously like the plastic washers used under sink taps, and therefore available from any decent plumbing merchants. I'd try them before shipping a washer from australia!

Thanks for the plastic bottle tip cd and Les that is an idea to try.
The ones in the picture appear to be of an oval cross section from what I perceive.

I have a Super Nova chuck and a basic faceplate with my budget end 'perform' lathe and have not had a problem so far, but as it is early days in my use of same I was exploring the solutions if needed as others seem to have problems with some setups..

I use a washer intended for fitting a ball valve in a toilet cistern and it's never been a problem to get the chuck off - before i broke 2 of those 'boa' strap wrenches trying to get my chuck off

jim

blurk99":15glheps said:
I use a washer intended for fitting a ball valve in a toilet cistern and it's never been a problem to get the chuck off - before i broke 2 of those 'boa' strap wrenches trying to get my chuck off

jim

Goes down to have rout in plumbing spares box, should be some in there somewhere, thanks jim

Back