No excsues, it's a gloat!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

OK

I was clearing up the workshop, looked at my 'babies' sitting there and thought I'd take a photo. :oops:

HPIM0257.JPG

HPIM0259.JPG

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my!! Damn nice, those!

Tell me though, do you just have the bench for display purposes as there is a great absence of shavings around!! :p If I had a *collection* of those I wouldn't be able to put them down!! Bench is too clean aswell :D
Maybe thats the the problem, though....the choice!! :D

Gary

Tony":2kt9vxe1 said:
I was clearing up the workshop, looked at my 'babies' sitting there and thought I'd take a photo.

Perfectly understandable. But *two* photos - that's pushing it.

:)

Tony,
A very nice collection - but a trifle unbalanced don't you think? I mean, only single representatives of the Clifton and Veritas species? No doubt on your next expedition, you will be endeavouring to fill some of the gaps..

Yes a nice collection, but I have a problem using hand tools, my shoulders are only slight, also using hand tools these days causes my fingers to split at the corner where skin and fingernail meet.

Is this a common problem for woodworkers with advancing years?

devon,

It is not the hand tools, it's allergy to wood that causes the skin to split. I have a similar problem and it's severity varies with the wood I'm working - iroko is the worst for me.

I can stop it with a barrier cream - just have to remember to put it on as soon as I go into the workshop!

Thnaks guys

Gary, I was clearing up at the time :)

Chris, true about the gaps although the rabbet plane gets the most use as it has a low angle To be honest I am currently desperate to buy a new toy but can't decide what :?

Devon. My, that sounds awful. I this someting I shoul;d'look forwards to' ass I leave my forties ?

Cheers

Tony

Sorry to take you off the subject of your collection, but going back to the comment on skin allergy and wood, I think "wet and dry paper " has also something to do with this skin problem?

Tony,

TWO pics?! Mind you the second is a masterpiece; the inclusion of the two long paring chisels in the background is truly a mark of great skill and sagacity. :lol: I dunno though, they look a bit lonesome to me. I agree with Chris, you need to get them some more friends; you don't want 'em catching cold come the winter when there could be lots of 'em huddling together. Or fighting for space in my case... :oops:

DW, that sounds painful. :( Makes me think of spin bowlers who constantly go round with splits in their fingers and so forth from spinning the ball. :shock: I don't have that - yet -, but I do have trouble with the bottom joint of my thumb, which swells up when I do a lot of gripping i.e. using hand tools, and especially cleaning them. I wish it didn't, but if the alternative is to give up using hand tools then I'm willing to grin and bear it I s'pose. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Tony,
I notice there a large part of your bench waiting for a Clifton #7.........
Nice photo's Chap!
Regards,
Philly :D
(who has been known to slip in the odd gloat himself 8) )

True Philly. The Clifton #5 is so very good and works so well that I would be doing it a disservice if I didn't pick up a nice #7

I quite fancy a wider shoulder plane too but should I wait for the new Veritas or settle for the LN??

Alf, you ahve no idea how hard it was to include those chisels :wink:

Cheers
Tony

Alf,

You can follow that link all the way through to the checkout without a price appearing. I therefore presume it is a freebie. Ray's gift to woodworkers everywhere - or perhaps only the first three folk who actually complete the order process? Hurry, hurry, hurry for the bargain of the year!

Heh heh. :lol: Yeah, I did that too. Well I would place my order, but as I have a Record I'll let some other lucky woodworker get the benefit. :D

Cheers, Alf

Rob, I do love the way you exhibit ab-so-lute-ly no bias in your posts at all! :lol: Incidentally, do we know how wide the big one will be? Or is it still a closely guarded secret? It's so hard to keep track of all the "coming soon to a workshop near you" stuff these days. :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":zaxe3auv said:
Rob, I do love the way you exhibit ab-so-lute-ly no bias in your posts at all! :lol: Incidentally, do we know how wide the big one will be? Or is it still a closely guarded secret? It's so hard to keep track of all the "coming soon to a workshop near you" stuff these days. :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Alf -

Width will be 1 1/4", and length will be 8 1/4"....and there's something "different" about this plane too...

(Wouldn't be a real reply without a bit of hook...)

Cheers -

Rob

Rob

To ensure that you get the sale is there any chance you could send an early pre-production model over to me for a little trial ??

Please.....

Did I mention that the veritas I already own is as good as any LN i have tried? NO? Well it is!!

Cheers

Tony

Pete W":f7uam2ut said:
Perfectly understandable. But *two* photos - that's pushing it.

:)
He probably took the second to see if the planes had as big a smile as he had. :D
Lovely tools Tony.
Everyone is green with envy

Latest posts

Back