• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

No excsues, it's a gloat!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

OK

I was clearing up the workshop, looked at my 'babies' sitting there and thought I'd take a photo. :oops:

Gary H

Established Member
Reaction score
Still trying to get the 'woodshack' watertight in
Oh my, Oh my, Oh my!! Damn nice, those!

Tell me though, do you just have the bench for display purposes as there is a great absence of shavings around!! :p If I had a *collection* of those I wouldn't be able to put them down!! Bench is too clean aswell :D
Maybe thats the the problem, though....the choice!! :D

Gary

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony":2kt9vxe1 said:
I was clearing up the workshop, looked at my 'babies' sitting there and thought I'd take a photo.
Perfectly understandable. But *two* photos - that's pushing it.

:)

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony,
A very nice collection - but a trifle unbalanced don't you think? I mean, only single representatives of the Clifton and Veritas species? No doubt on your next expedition, you will be endeavouring to fill some of the gaps..

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes a nice collection, but I have a problem using hand tools, my shoulders are only slight, also using hand tools these days causes my fingers to split at the corner where skin and fingernail meet.

Is this a common problem for woodworkers with advancing years?

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
devon,

It is not the hand tools, it's allergy to wood that causes the skin to split. I have a similar problem and it's severity varies with the wood I'm working - iroko is the worst for me.

I can stop it with a barrier cream - just have to remember to put it on as soon as I go into the workshop!

A

Anonymous

Thnaks guys

Gary, I was clearing up at the time :)

Chris, true about the gaps although the rabbet plane gets the most use as it has a low angle To be honest I am currently desperate to buy a new toy but can't decide what :?

Devon. My, that sounds awful. I this someting I shoul;d'look forwards to' ass I leave my forties ?

Cheers

Tony

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to take you off the subject of your collection, but going back to the comment on skin allergy and wood, I think "wet and dry paper " has also something to do with this skin problem?

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony,

TWO pics?! Mind you the second is a masterpiece; the inclusion of the two long paring chisels in the background is truly a mark of great skill and sagacity. :lol: I dunno though, they look a bit lonesome to me. I agree with Chris, you need to get them some more friends; you don't want 'em catching cold come the winter when there could be lots of 'em huddling together. Or fighting for space in my case... :oops:

DW, that sounds painful. :( Makes me think of spin bowlers who constantly go round with splits in their fingers and so forth from spinning the ball. :shock: I don't have that - yet -, but I do have trouble with the bottom joint of my thumb, which swells up when I do a lot of gripping i.e. using hand tools, and especially cleaning them. I wish it didn't, but if the alternative is to give up using hand tools then I'm willing to grin and bear it I s'pose. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony,
I notice there a large part of your bench waiting for a Clifton #7.........
Nice photo's Chap!
Regards,
Philly :D
(who has been known to slip in the odd gloat himself 8) )

A

Anonymous

True Philly. The Clifton #5 is so very good and works so well that I would be doing it a disservice if I didn't pick up a nice #7

I quite fancy a wider shoulder plane too but should I wait for the new Veritas or settle for the LN??

Alf, you ahve no idea how hard it was to include those chisels :wink:

Cheers
Tony

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf,

You can follow that link all the way through to the checkout without a price appearing. I therefore presume it is a freebie. Ray's gift to woodworkers everywhere - or perhaps only the first three folk who actually complete the order process? Hurry, hurry, hurry for the bargain of the year!

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Heh heh. :lol: Yeah, I did that too. Well I would place my order, but as I have a Record I'll let some other lucky woodworker get the benefit. :D

Cheers, Alf

Rob Lee

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony":1avta0bu said:
I quite fancy a wider shoulder plane too but should I wait for the new Veritas or settle for the LN??
Hi Tony -

If I were you, I'd wait.... ;)

But then again, I've had a go at the Veritas one... :)

Cheers -

Rob

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Rob, I do love the way you exhibit ab-so-lute-ly no bias in your posts at all! :lol: Incidentally, do we know how wide the big one will be? Or is it still a closely guarded secret? It's so hard to keep track of all the "coming soon to a workshop near you" stuff these days. :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Rob Lee

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf":zaxe3auv said:
Rob, I do love the way you exhibit ab-so-lute-ly no bias in your posts at all! :lol: Incidentally, do we know how wide the big one will be? Or is it still a closely guarded secret? It's so hard to keep track of all the "coming soon to a workshop near you" stuff these days. :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf
Hi Alf -

Width will be 1 1/4", and length will be 8 1/4"....and there's something "different" about this plane too...

(Wouldn't be a real reply without a bit of hook...)

Cheers -

Rob

A

Anonymous

Rob

To ensure that you get the sale is there any chance you could send an early pre-production model over to me for a little trial ??

Please.....

Did I mention that the veritas I already own is as good as any LN i have tried? NO? Well it is!!

Cheers

Tony

Dewy

Established Member
Reaction score
Pete W":f7uam2ut said:
Perfectly understandable. But *two* photos - that's pushing it.

:)
He probably took the second to see if the planes had as big a smile as he had. :D
Lovely tools Tony.
Everyone is green with envy

Latest posts