• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn No 4 and 5 1/2 Record Planes.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Record No 4 plane £30.00
Record No 5 1/2 plane £40.00

Prices include UK postage I can't post to Northern Ireland Sorry.

Payment by paypal gift please.

Attachments

• IMG_2512.JPG
    IMG_2512.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 94
I can't post to Northern Ireland Sorry.

Why not? Royal Mail - and most couriers - make not one distinction about St. George's Channel.....

Royal Mail & Parcelforce costs the same to N.I. as posting to your next door neighbour anywhere in U.K. I’m also fairly sure that Hermes don’t charge any extra either and, for what it’s worth, our local Hermes delivery service is fantastic.

Hermes add a 'location surcharge' for Northern Ireland, but royal mail do the same price to everywhere

Parcel force, I think, is cheaper from NI than to NI.
I used UPS to send some 1 m + , steel sash clamps to NI & had to fill in a form in triplicate. I find PF to be the most expensive of all couriers.
If I sent a letter to a neibour it would make a round trip of 100+ miles via Brum.

I've had problems with most carriers over the years. My latest horror story is Hermes International's inability to deliver a package of presents and cards to our daughter in Australia for Christmas and her birthday (a few days difference between the two). It is currently on its way back. And no human to talk to to complain. Just a bot via the website.

But I've had similar problems with Parcel Force and Royal Mail. Whatever each of them says that greater than 99% of packages are delivered faultlessly doesn't cut mustard I'm afraid.

On the other hand I shipped a small box to Little Rock, Arkansas from the UK, collected from my door by FedEx. It arrived less than three days later.

Royal Mail & Parcelforce costs the same to N.I. as posting to your next door neighbour anywhere in U.K. I’m also fairly sure that Hermes don’t charge any extra either and, for what it’s worth, our local Hermes delivery service is fantastic.
You are incredibly lucky!

I also have a very good Hermes delivery guy - BUT, the problems are back at warehouses where parcels get 'forgotten about' for days. He can't deliver what he ain't got. Unless I see or hear him, I don't know I've had a delivery until I get an e-m.

Having complained about carriers generically a few posts ago, my heart goes out to delivery drivers. Those with tracking say "driver is currently at delivery 42. Your delivery is number 112 out of 187".

And then you realise why they dump stuff on the doorstep, ring the bell (or not) and then sprint back to the van. The delivery schedule they get each and every day is completely insane.

Back