NMA... ANSWER TO WHO WE ARE

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menatnma

Established Member
Reaction score
In reply to certain comments and questions that have been raised on the forum regarding NMA Agencies Ltd, I thought it appropriate to write a few lines and hopefully answer any queries that forum users may have.

Who are NMA? The initials NMA stand for Neil McEwen and Associates, who as a company import and distribute various ranges of wood working machines. Neil McEwen, although now retired, started to import concrete mixers and site saws from Germany over 35 years ago. He first started to import Scheppach about 30 years ago starting with the planer thicknesser, the HM1. Over the years the company grew and it was eventually taken over by Multico Ltd, however Neil went back on his own with the Scheppach agency in 1993. We also now handle the agencies in th UK for Mafell power tools and the Cema universal machines from Italy.

Scheppach still manufacture the vast majority of their range in house in Ichenhausen, Germany including the Tiger range of wet stone grinders, which are not made under licence of Tormek. Although the majority of jigs are compatable, Scheppach do have their own range of competitively priced jigs.

As to the NMA website, we are aware that this is out of date and we are in the process of constructing a new site which will be more user friendly and this we hope to have up and running in the next couple of months. We will then be launching a new comprehensive catalogue but this has taken longer than anticipated due to the range of new machines launched by our manufacturers this year. Should anyone require a new edition 2004 Scheppach catalogue, these are now available with all the new products listed, then please contact our sales office on 01484 400488 or via [email protected].

Regards Nathan McEwen. C.E.O NMA Agencies Ltd

menatnma":1uhtf46v said:
The initials NMA stand for Neil McEwen and Associates, who as a company import and distribute various ranges of wood working machines. Neil McEwen, although now retired
Regards Nathan McEwen. C.E.O NMA Agencies Ltd

Any relation, or coincidence?

Thanks for the info. I think that was a good idea to let people know who you are.
As a returning shop joiner to woodwork. (been away for 20yrs). The biggest problem I find is finding firms who stock woodworking machines of any make, certainly round here in North Lincs. I have just purchased a saw table from Record (sorry), mainly because they let me visit their HQ and see & inspect the machines and answer all of my questions, which they were able to answer. Incidently I did see one of your machines at a firm some distance from where I live, and it was wedged in between several other ones and only half assembled, you could only see the front of it, when I asked if I could see it assembled I got the reply sorry you have to ring up and make an appointment and we will set it up if we have time.
I am still looking for machines to equip my workshop at home, as I plan to do more & more woodworking and finally ease myself out of my present job. I'm pretty sure there must be more than just me in the same position of being unable to see the various machines and therefore start to buy blind, ie mailorder, which at the cost of these machines is a very precarious thing to do,(I personally would not buy without seeing).

We understand that not everybody lives within easy distance of stockists of various machinery and we opened our own showroom at the end of last year for just that reason.
Most machines are on display and we are happy to offer demonstrations and training if required, just give us a ring to book an appointment, just to make sure that somebody would be available to look after you.
People can ring us direct on 01484 400488 or contact your nearest dealer if you are purchasing products through them.
There will always be a cup of tea for those that want one!
BYOB (bring your own biscuits)

Richard Menatnma.

Latest posts

Back