NINJA FOODI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Advise You to Take The Plunge - You wil not regret the investment......Bon Appetit !
You do realise that whatever this cost will mean buying less tools for the workshop!

So they can do almost anything except make tea and sharpen tools, Jack of all and master of none springs to mind. I have looked at these before but always questioned how useful are they to people who don't eat flesh. We have a slow cooker but found that it overcooks food, it comes out like food for a baby or someone without any teeth but these Ningies seem to be more controllable.

So there are a range of these machines, a classic 9 in 1, new smartlid 11 in 1, new smartlid 14 in 1, new smartlid 15 in 1, so they all come up as a pressure cooker / airfryer and cooks and crisp with prices ranging from £180 to £250 so which models get your votes?

We've got the Ninja and a new fridge freezer (got rid of two old ones), which have cut the electricity quite dramatically. The Ninja roasts, bakes,pressure cooks and dehydrates well. And yes, it does pasties. I can't blame the Ninja for the untidy crimp - it's not burnt, it's made with brown flour.

Enough, already! You have persuaded me, Phil. Just ordered the smartlid 15 in 1. What is the worst that can happen - it can gather a bit of dust until one of the kids decides it would be better in their kitchen? Actually, I am quite looking forward to giving it a go and try to get out of the habit of always using the oven.

When i used to fit kitchens i would ask the client which cupboard the would like to earmatk as the Ronco/Kaytel storage and forget cupboard how we have progressed to using the garage there is so much "must have for a month before the fashion wears off " Ifb when we bought houses the garage came as a extra rental space to be paid for every month (exemption from rent if used as a workshop/car parking space ) how many would have one for cupboard space Just an observation 😊😊😊

It's the forthcoming extra workshop I need, not more tools to go in the existing one. :LOL:

I got the 15 in 1. It's a one off, I didn't want spend £180 - £220 then wish I'd spent the extra. My neighbour has four Ninja devices and is taking out his cooker - he said he would happily upgrade his mid range one for the one I have. The difference between the top of the range one sold in the U.S. and the one sold here is (apparently) the that ours has a prove function for bread and the U.S. one doesn't it has a sous vide function instead. I bake bread two, three sometimes four times a week, so that was more important to me (I have a sous vide anyway). You can part pressure cook the roast, which is good for things like lamb shanks. One thing that does surprise me is the speed - it cooks large sausages in about twelve minutes after it's heated up.
They are pretty much infinitely variable, and very accurately controlled - I put one of the little plug in meters on mine to cost different operations - the wattage alters every second or two.

I got the 15 in 1. It's a one off, I didn't want spend £180 - £220 then wish I'd spent the extra.
That is how I tend to end up thinking but now spend more time trying to be more precise and not pay for functions I will never use. For bread our Neff oven has a steam function but I am curious as to how bread turns out in an airfryer.
I bake bread two, three sometimes four times a week,
Is this in the Ninja ?

Yes. It has both a prove and a steam bake function. The oven maybe would be as economic if I were baking three loaves at a time, but even if I chose to I haven't the freezer spent anymore. Besides which the Ninja does it better. I think it works out at about 2/3 of a KwH per loaf.

Yes. It has both a prove and a steam bake function. The oven maybe would be as economic if I were baking three loaves at a time, but even if I chose to I haven't the freezer spent anymore. Besides which the Ninja does it better. I think it works out at about 2/3 of a KwH per loaf.
Like you, I also have the 15 - in 1 & I LOVE IT !
I've discovered that their Ninja Foodi ZEROSTICK Stainless Steel Pans | Cookware - Ninja UK Cookware are absolutely the very best Non-Stick I've Ever used !

Here comes another one. 19p at 28p per KwH, that's baking not proving, though proving takes only 15w iirc.

DSC02230.JPG

Back