NINJA FOODI

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We 've had this type for about 6 years saves a fortune it has a 3ltr tank 20°to 100° range and 100ml to 300mls or constant volume I think it was £69
20221121_122039.jpg

Can anyone recommend a veg oil sprayer (now now - no links to Hoselock thankyew). We have one that squirts instead of sprays, and I need an oil sprayer/mister for the air fryer.

A big thank you to Phil for binging up the Ninja made our first steam roast pork tonight it was superb as were the roast potatoes , Just popped the pork in and the roasts and left it to do its magic 👍👍👍

As an aside, a 2.5kg chicken normally takes 2 hours in the fan oven but in our new Ninja 15 in 1 after 22 mins on pressure cooking then 18 mins on air fryer it was slightly over cooked! It looked good but the breast was a bit dry.

still learning...

I use ordinary olive oil in a spray bottle in my air fryer. Apparently the aerosol oil sprays can eventually damage the coating because of some additive they contain.

We had a problem with the Ninja - the little plug where the probe goes wasn't registering at random, sometimes cutting out in the middle of a cooking programme. Ninja said it had to be replaced then went incommunicado. Amazon were brilliant, they sent a return label and offered a rebate or a replacement, unfortunately they couldn't replace it as they have none and couldn't say when they would. We bought a
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Instant-Po...+Fryer+11-in-1+Multicooker,aps,65&sr=8-1&th=1instead. It hasn't a "prove" function (the temp. can't be set low enough), which is annoying, but it does have a sous vide function and a delayed start timer. Also, the pot is s/s so indestructible. It has, however, two lids.
Baking bread later on.

The 2 things to be aware of with these fryers and oil is it seems as Superduner already stated the propellant's used may have additives that break down the non stick.
The refillable sprayers should be used instead, but depending on what temp your cooking at you may go above the smoke point for that oil and I assume that gives more chance of adding a layer of burned oil to the non stick surface apart from adding smoke to the kitchen. Avacado oil @ 270 deg C is inexpensive and well above normal air fryer temps. Virgin olive oil is 210 deg C
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Smoke_point_of_cooking_oils

Back