Nine-letter Word

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phew, I'm not the only one who does this!

Love this place :lol: :lol:

How about this word puzzle?

Name a food in 8 letters. Remove one letter and rearrange the remaning ones to spell a new food name. Remove another letter and rearrange the remaining letters to spell yet another food name.

As a hint, none of the names are pluralized.

Then of course there is the 9 letter word that spells the same each direction. (cant think what the definition of that kind of word is at the moment, ends in gran?)

Dave R":280p2ww0 said:

Name a food in 8 letters. Remove one letter and rearrange the remaning ones to spell a new food name. Remove another letter and rearrange the remaining letters to spell yet another food name.

should be there somewhere :)

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/fl/commonAC.html

devonwoody":1jwlpt15 said:
Then of course there is the 9 letter word that spells the same each direction. (cant think what the definition of that kind of word is at the moment, ends in gran?)

Palindrome (gran) :wink:

Andrew

PowerTool":3vbmm7g3 said:
devonwoody":3vbmm7g3 said:

Andrew

Thanks for the tippit. (I stutter occasionally)

PowerTool":2ze64c9t said:
devonwoody":2ze64c9t said:

Andrew

BTW, does a palindrome have to be one word?

Was it a cat I saw, is that a Palindrome?

No, a palindrome doesn't have to be one word.

The world's longest used to be:

"Deliver no evil...........(thousands of words omitted)...........live on reviled", and was some sad person's life work.

Mike

devonwoody":8ibh5erg said:
Dave R":8ibh5erg said:

should be there somewhere :)

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/fl/commonAC.html

Unlikely since none of the answers is a fruit. ;)

OK, you could have 'redivider' , but that's a little contrived.

In 'Ulysses', James Joyce invented the word 'tattarrattat' for the sound of someone knocking on the door. But then again, Joyce was something of a law unto himself........

Paul

just found this post in my deleted email folder, the notification was treated as spam for some reason.

Any reason why it did this?

Back