Nine-letter Word

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phew, I'm not the only one who does this!

Love this place :lol: :lol:

How about this word puzzle?

Name a food in 8 letters. Remove one letter and rearrange the remaning ones to spell a new food name. Remove another letter and rearrange the remaining letters to spell yet another food name.

As a hint, none of the names are pluralized.

Then of course there is the 9 letter word that spells the same each direction. (cant think what the definition of that kind of word is at the moment, ends in gran?)

Dave R":280p2ww0 said:

Name a food in 8 letters. Remove one letter and rearrange the remaning ones to spell a new food name. Remove another letter and rearrange the remaining letters to spell yet another food name.

should be there somewhere :)

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/fl/commonAC.html

devonwoody":1jwlpt15 said:
Then of course there is the 9 letter word that spells the same each direction. (cant think what the definition of that kind of word is at the moment, ends in gran?)

Palindrome (gran) :wink:

Andrew

PowerTool":3vbmm7g3 said:
devonwoody":3vbmm7g3 said:

Andrew

Thanks for the tippit. (I stutter occasionally)

PowerTool":2ze64c9t said:
devonwoody":2ze64c9t said:

Andrew

BTW, does a palindrome have to be one word?

Was it a cat I saw, is that a Palindrome?

No, a palindrome doesn't have to be one word.

The world's longest used to be:

"Deliver no evil...........(thousands of words omitted)...........live on reviled", and was some sad person's life work.

Mike

devonwoody":8ibh5erg said:
Dave R":8ibh5erg said:

should be there somewhere :)

http://www.crfg.org/pubs/fl/commonAC.html

Unlikely since none of the answers is a fruit. ;)

OK, you could have 'redivider' , but that's a little contrived.

In 'Ulysses', James Joyce invented the word 'tattarrattat' for the sound of someone knocking on the door. But then again, Joyce was something of a law unto himself........

Paul

just found this post in my deleted email folder, the notification was treated as spam for some reason.

Any reason why it did this?

Latest posts

Back