Nilfisk/Festool connection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modernist

Established Member
Reaction score
Users of Nilfisk Alto 250 vacuum/extractors (and no doubt others) will be pleased to learn there is a Festool hose which connects directly from the Nilfisk to Fessy bits such as the domino.

IMG_0391.jpg

Festool part number 452879 which is 5m, not anti-static and also not non-marking as I discovered this afternoon on some light timber! I don't think the anti static bit has any real relevance to use on a domestic vacuum. It is also about half the cost of the green item.

Brian - you could have saved some money by shopping around
Nilfisk/Alto/Wap sell a good 27mm hose.It comes with the professional vacs like the Attix.It fits any vac with a 58mm inlet and has the standard tool connector 27mm int. 35-40mm ext. Standard or antistatic.Thinking Festool stuff needs a magic hose is twaddle - Alto/Wap have manufactured the SR vacs and hoses for Festo (and Elu,Stihl etc) for decades
Matt

Shrubby":17t1cn9b said:
Brian - you could have saved some money by shopping around
Nilfisk/Alto/Wap sell a good 27mm hose.It comes with the professional vacs like the Attix.It fits any vac with a 58mm inlet and has the standard tool connector 27mm int. 35-40mm ext. Standard or antistatic.Thinking Festool stuff needs a magic hose is twaddle - Alto/Wap have manufactured the SR vacs and hoses for Festo (and Elu,Stihl etc) for decades
Matt

Thanks for that - I think :wink: The problem is there is a cartel on 27mm hose as it is not available from any normal hose stockist. I didn't realise the Festool end was a standard part (if it is) I'll have a look at the Alto parts list.

The newer Nilfisk Alto 30T ( I think, it's down at the workshop) can be had from Machine Mart for a pretty good price

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... RC-nilfisk

and comes with a hose end that will fit Festool stuff. I know this isn't relevant to the machine being discussed in this thread, but thought I would include the info for those that don't already have an extractor.

These machines work really well, (I've got two)but you need to clean the dust off the filter regularly otherwise it can clog up, reduce the airflow through the motor and the motor will fail (DAMHIK). I like the fact that they shut off more or less right away after you stop the tool, my Trend T30 runs on for far too long and it can be quite irritating.

Lord Kitchener":1o4bd0oa said:
These machines work really well, (I've got two)but you need to clean the dust off the filter regularly otherwise it can clog up, reduce the airflow through the motor and the motor will fail (DAMHIK).

Does the push to clean function not work very well then?

Tom K":5e7wltib said:
Lord Kitchener":5e7wltib said:
These machines work really well, (I've got two)but you need to clean the dust off the filter regularly otherwise it can clog up, reduce the airflow through the motor and the motor will fail (DAMHIK).

Does the push to clean function not work very well then?

Not for me it doesn't, maybe it depends on the type of dust, with me it's mostly fine sanding dust.

Back