Nifty Japanese (?) circ saw guide

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torx

Established Member
Reaction score
Not mine, but I really like this (especially being able to use it as a vertical panel saw) and might add it to the list to have a go at:

Good YouTube channel.

He's had 3 or 4 million views on that build, I've probably accounted for half of them!

I love the he works too, he's definitely into mind fullness

There are industrial versions of that design that sit against the wall.
I don't know how useful or a hindrance it might be, but I suggest if you are adamant to make, then make the platen able to hold a router aswell.
I'd reckon the router might end up staying put on it. :)

There are industrial versions of that design that sit against the wall.
I don't know how useful or a hindrance it might be, but I suggest if you are adamant to make, then make the platen able to hold a router aswell.
I'd reckon the router might end up staying put on it. :)

That’s a good idea about the router and I think you’re right about it likely staying on there. The only industrial versions I’ve seen are proper vertical panel saws, wouldn’t be mobile/storable like this.

How would one describe those runners and the carriers in order to purchase them?

How would one describe those runners and the carriers in order to purchase them?
They're called linear rails, and there are quite a few variants. I think the guides used in the video are SCS10UU, where 10 stands for the diameter of the rod in milimeters.

Back