Nick Gibbs accident and recovery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. We have actually started a crowdfunding campaign, which is aimed at keeping Living Woods going for the moment as part of my improvement/recovery, and if we can do that there may be potential for British Woodworking to return. So sorry for the delays and for any money we owe to subscribers.

Cheers

Nick

Great idea Nick. Why not put a link to your crowdfunder in your signature? I've sure that's not breaking the forum rules.

I'm rather wishing I'd tried to crowdfund my workshop build!

S

Nick,

I don't want you wasting your time and money offering a refund.
I will e mail you soon to firmly refuse any repayment.

I feel the same Nick. I am glad you didn't sell BW. It is without doubt the best and most genuine British woodworking magazine and oozes it from every pore. It is your magazine and would feel so different without you holding the helm. Please concentrate on getting better. If British Woodworking ever gets back on its feet then I will ask for the rest of my subscription to be honoured but until then - best of luck with everything!

H.

Steve Maskery":3j6sc42v said:
I'm rather wishing I'd tried to crowdfund my workshop build!

S

Steve

I reckon you'd need to raise a hefty sum just to pay Ray for all of the hours he has put in - not that I'm bitter I don't have a Ray :wink:

Terry.

Thanks to everyone for an amazing response to the crowdfunding campaign.

Life has been further challenged by me having a seizure at the end of May, which is common after a brain injury, but means that I cannot drive for at least another year. This seriously hampers editing, but hopefully doesn't stop it.

As a result I have adjusted my blog accordingly, and it is now titled Walking with Wood, and charts the obstacles and benefits of not being allowed to drive. It is still at www.nickgibbs.com.

Thanks again for all the support.

Nick

All the best Nick. Get back on the bike a soon as you can.

Were helmets an issue in your accident? I ask this as we are off to the continent again shortly on our bikes - getting a bit doddery I wonder if I should be wearing a helmet.

I've had 2 falling accidents in recent years but not from a bike - the first was from a fridge and the second down some icy steps. Sheer coincidence.

Back