Nice steel.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil,

If you don't want to talk about Waterstones, you shouldn't have mentioned them.
So you have started a discussion; well, according to some you have! :roll: :lol:

I just saw a video on YouTube watching some guy shaving with a meat cleaver. I only watched it because I thought we were going to see him slit his jugular or something! But the cleaver was a lovely piece of steel! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWd17wm7 ... playnext=1

phil.p":1gdpmepg said:
:) Anyone got anything interesting to say about steel? .........laminated? damascus? making knives? chisels? turning tools? (nothing about waterstones please - go start another thread).

I once worked for a pressure vessel manufacturer who had a purchasing sytem where the engineer had to specify components and materials and the purchasing department ordered them.
When some vessel dished ends arrived with laminations in the steel, which is a fault unlike when laminating to make blades etc., the purchasing department were told that "new dished ends are needed, these are laminated" the purchasing manager spent a couple of days trying to buy laminated dished ends.

Is that interesting or just stupid??

Back