Nice little project to use some offcuts.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Established Member
Reaction score
Made a few of these over the years. The original idea was firstly to make a guitar stand to reflect the curves that a classical guitar has opposed to the usual stands you see them on which are purely utilitarian lumps of metal. Secondly I had lots of offcuts of nice timbers but never enough to make anything substantial so an item that could use these was a bonus. Sadly the only stand I have left is not one of my best as the finish is poor and did not bring out the depth of colour in the mahogany but you should get the idea.

Attachments

• DSC05541.jpg
    DSC05541.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 1,468
  • DSC05543.jpg
    DSC05543.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 1,468
  • DSC05545.jpg
    DSC05545.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1,468
i like that. you could make a matching music stand in much the same way.

marcros":327tvb3z said:
i like that. you could make a matching music stand in much the same way.

Funny you should say that as I did but sadly the picture have got lost. It was in rosewood and maple and looked a treat. Think rosewood and maple was my favourite combination. Got this one of a stand for an electric guitar.

Attachments

• DSC00327 (1).jpg
    DSC00327 (1).jpg
    247 KB · Views: 1,454
Wouldchuk":3187cl6y said:
Really nice - how do you create those curves, lamination and steaming?

Thanks.

Most of the curves are just laminated but the support for the neck needed both. For this I cut thin laminates of around 1mm on the bandsaw and steam bent these around a former until cool. Once they have fully dried out again they are then laminated together around the same former.

Back