Nice Antique Handcrafted Block Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Antique Handcrafted Block Plane. Base is a solid piece of wood with a Tree Branch Handle. Blade is a 2" wide Hand Chisel. 22" overall and the chisel is 16 1/2". Unique one for the tool collector in solid shape.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw that picture!

Priceless!!

Jim

Well - the title did contain the word 'primitive', and you can't really argue with that. The word 'antique' might be a bit more debateable.

I suppose if you're prepared to shell out $20 plus postage for a 2" chisel and a chunk of firewood, you'll at least get a 2" chisel. Mind you, it looks like it could do with a new handle, a new ferrule and a new blade....

We should start a " Hall of Shame" for all of the poor lost items like this that are posted on Flea Bay...

Cr*ap it may be, but interesting none the less. As soon as I saw it I was reminded of the very first planes developed by the Romans around two millenia ago...a block of wood with a chisel held securely to take a shaving! What comes around, goes around :wink: - Rob

Back